In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Illinois Budget & Credit Rating

Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
edited April 2017 in General Discussion
quote:Moody's rates Illinois Baa2, which is just two steps above the junk level and is the lowest rating among the 50 states.

A 21-month standoff between Illinois' Republican governor and Democrats who control the legislature has left the state operating on continuing appropriations and court-ordered spending.

As a result, the state's pile of unpaid bills, a barometer of its deep financial woes, has tripled since 2015, hitting a record-high $13 billion last week.

So we're #1 with the worst credit rating in the country with the threat looming for it to drop even further.
I also heard that there's a good chance that the record budget impasse will not be solved until the next gubernatorial election is over.
Interesting how these suicidal mooks are willing to destroy everything to suit their corrupt tyrannical agenda.

LINK
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-illinois-budget-moody-s-idUSKBN17130V

Comments

• wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get ready for the junk rating. It is coming to the land of Lincoln...
    "What is truth?'
  • drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,527 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by drobs
    Illinois is still not paying out to lottery winners.

http://www.americanow.com/story/society/2017/03/29/illinois-refuses-pay-more-288-million-lottery-winnings

That is so wrong on so many levels. I don't know what should be done but something should be done ASAP.

I am glad I don't live there[xx(]
    RLTW

• Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

Just One more reason I moved from Illinazi !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • discusdaddiscusdad Member Posts: 11,418 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i count my lucky stars every night that i left there in 2007, and not returned.
  • CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We've been going so many years not paying bills on time people think there is no penalty.

38,000 state Union members are threatening strike. Governor wants to cut their benefits in a new contract. They refuse. He wants to pay them on his proposed new contract while they negotiate and is asking the court for approval. Union wants to keep negotiating under the old contract.

The Governor has laid off a hundred and some nurses and wants to hire contract employees.

SIU is in a financial crisis

Northern Illinois University and Western is probably about as bad.

I do hope the union strikes. That will be fun.

The Democrat slogan to the governor is "do your job", like his jobs is to blindly sign the checks.

The crazy thing g is most reside to don't notice or care how bad the state is in. It's taken about 15 years to get here and they've grown numb and dumb. It's about the get real.
  • bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

http://www.americanow.com/story/society/2017/03/29/illinois-refuses-pay-more-288-million-lottery-winnings

political people need to go to jail over that mess. Oh, wait, several of their leaders are already in the slammer. I wonder if they can make room for more. At least you can still walk the Chicago streets with your family enjoying a summer evening on the friendly streets.

Actually the way i look at it is the residents of Illinois have been held hostage by Chicago for 75 years. There is corruption so deeply rooted in the system only a total collapse will give them a chance to take government back.
  • skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    The thing I find most amazing is how these fools keep buying lottery tickets with no payout.
  • Hunter MagHunter Mag Member Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

political people need to go to jail over that mess. Oh, wait, several of their leaders are already in the slammer. I wonder if they can make room for more. At least you can still walk the Chicago streets with your family enjoying a summer evening on the friendly streets.

Actually the way i look at it is the residents of Illinois have been held hostage by Chicago for 75 years. There is corruption so deeply rooted in the system only a total collapse will give them a chance to take government back.

Look at Rahm's latest for supporting criminals.
    https://forums.GunBroker.com/post.asp?method=ReplyQuote&REPLY_ID=6056545&TOPIC_ID=692142&FORUM_ID=4

quote:These liberals have decided that the crime of being an illegal immigrant is an offense on the level of ?chewing gum in class.? If given a choice, they would sooner deport Chicago-area Republicans than the city?s population of illegal immigrants.

With every year that Democrats remain in control of these once-great cities, those cities deteriorate a little further. Criminals are celebrated and police are demonized. Productive, law-abiding residents will begin to move away, putting these cities on an accelerated path to ruin. But the infection spreads to the next city and the next, until finally there is no safe haven in America for those who simply want to live their lives in peace.

When your room is a mess and you?re not happy with it, you have two choices. You can either clean it or you can lower your standards for what constitutes a clean room. Either way works for now, but only one will actually solve the problem in the long run.
  • jerrywh818jerrywh818 Member Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by skicat
    The thing I find most amazing is how these fools keep buying lottery tickets with no payout.

That's easy to figure out. They're democrats. Simple as that.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,715 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    One needs to merely look at the dominant political party in IL, then you will understand.
  • KronyKrony Member Posts: 303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Left Illinois in 2015, never plan to live there again. We moved there in 2005 bordering the Mississippi River and Iowa. Every year it got worse, schools going downhill, taxes up and businesses moving across the river (Les Baer and LMT to name two, surprised Rock River and Springfield don't join them.)

Voting was frustrating as it leaned so heavily Democrat, always shook my head when I'd see a vehicle with a "Union Thug" bumper sticker. Hate to see the downward spiral...like watching the state version of Detroit imploding.
  • DirtyDawgDirtyDawg Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Let it implode. Maybe, just maybe, citizens will pull their heads out and somehow finally realize their Democrat Party Judas goats led them to slaughter.