In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EVER GET THE URGE????

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Dont know if its because I am so tired or what, but do you ever get the urge just to say what is on your mind instead of what is politically correct or polite?

Ever get the urge to tell someone to go to he## they have no idea what they are talking about?

Found out the older I get the shorter that fuse gets and man some ppl can get my goat real quick...others take forever...

I just get tired of saying all the "right stuff"...just want to say what I would like to say without being poofed..

Okay, how bout you guys?

Comments

• Options
    brier-49brier-49 Member Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    edited November -1
  • Options
    oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    always
    i tell each new recruit at work, "sorry in advance, i'm a grouchy old cuss who thinks "p.c." is what i read e-mail on so i tell it like it is"
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    When I was young, I didn't understand when old people were so blunt. They said they were tired of being polite and proper to people who were total a-holes so they earned the right be grouchy.

Now that I'm old, I realize they were absolutely right. [^]
  • Options
    JnRockwallJnRockwall Member Posts: 16,350 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by brier-49
    All the time.

That's pretty much me 24/7 Just never learned to sugar coat things
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    FISHKILLER 41 = Totally politically incorrect!!
    I never sugar coat a fargin thing!
    If U ask me what I think,by gum THAT'S what you'll get!![:(!]
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    I have found just the opposite to be true for me. The older I get, the less I care about what other people think or say, and I have become more tolerant and considerate of other people's feelings.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I have found just the opposite to be true for me. The older I get, the less I care about what other people think or say, and I have become more tolerant and considerate of other people's feelings.

Rebel.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    I still tell people the truth. I just try to be gentle about it when I know it is something they won't want to hear.
  • Options
    SawzSawz Member Posts: 6,049
    edited November -1
    I used to thrive on shattering other peoples illusions. Now I find it takes to much of my precious energy and am inclined to let them find out the hard way on their own. I cant decide if its cuz I dont care, or I just matured
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep.....get a couple drinks in me and the same thing happens
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    bigboy12bigboy12 Member Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I get the urge all the time, and I act upon that urge, PC be damned. I always tell people that if they don't want my opinion, then don't ask for it.
  • Options
    17tobyracing17tobyracing Member Posts: 3,429 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses
    Dont know if its because I am so tired or what, but do you ever get the urge just to say what is on your mind instead of what is politically correct or polite?

Ever get the urge to tell someone to go to he## they have no idea what they are talking about?

Found out the older I get the shorter that fuse gets and man some ppl can get my goat real quick...others take forever...

I just get tired of saying all the "right stuff"...just want to say what I would like to say without being poofed..

Okay, how bout you guys?

I do and I have been. I have never erred on the side of Political Correctness. I will continue to say what most are thinking, but they are afraid to say.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How I react to a certain situation depends a whole lot on the subject. For example, I'm particularly critical of race hustlers and their kind, including progressive war mongering politicians bent on imposing their morals upon the people of this earth; unfortunately these are the sort of people that control both of our major political parties. On the other hand I have become more tolerant in many ways as the years go by.
    What's next?
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    BR don't confuse kindness and diplomacy with political correctness. PC is the notion that one can legislate or coerce acceptable modes of thought and expression. It is a purely fascist concept.

Good manners and kindness are different.
  • Options
    River RatRiver Rat Member Posts: 9,022
    edited November -1
    When I was young, people thought I was rude. As I aged, I went from rude to tactless, then blunt. I'm in my 60s now, and they expect it from me. I'm supposed to be grouchy.

This is so cool!
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    I have been that way since November of My 26th Year. Sure helps the Time and Money Budget! Ya don't have any Fake Friends. Nosy Neighbors make themselves Scarce. Salesmen don't stay long on the Phone or in person. Simplifies your Life, Radically!
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BlackRoses

Okay, how bout you guys?

Have you considered the possibility it is you that is the problem? [;)][}:)][:D]
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I need to use a Whirlpool for My Back so I go to a Health Club that has a lot of Liberals in it.
    Needless to say I am not the most popular Guy there when it comes to Politics and things like that because I tell Them just what I think and They don't like it.
    One Older Guy I do get along with was forced to belong to a certain Youth Organization in Germany during the War and between Us both We get the Liberals upset,Fun because We do it on purpose.
  • Options
    dheffleydheffley Member Posts: 25,000
    edited November -1
    I can usually ignore it, but if it really strikes me wrong, I go off the deep end. Must have something to do with that half Irish, half Native American mother i had. A red headed indian is a bit much to deal with when she is mad![:D]
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    One of the truly fundamental problems in our society is that we as a culture consistently lie to each other. People don't want to upset the herd, so they lie or only tell half truths. Keep everybody happy, no confrontation, everybodys still friends.

I don't abide by the social contract. I call it like it is and I do it bluntly and directly. Many people don't like this about me. It's cost me more than one job and strained my existence at several. Couldn't care less. I refuse to lie to people, sugar coat things, or Mollycoddle the emotionally crippled who can't handle the truth.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by KEVD18
    One of the truly fundamental problems in our society is that we as a culture consistently lie to each other. People don't want to upset the herd, so they lie or only tell half truths. Keep everybody happy, no confrontation, everybodys still friends.

I don't abide by the social contract. I call it like it is and I do it bluntly and directly. Many people don't like this about me. It's cost me more than one job and strained my existence at several. Couldn't care less. I refuse to lie to people, sugar coat things, or Mollycoddle the emotionally crippled who can't handle the truth.
    Kev, FWIW it's one of my favorite features about you.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The vast majority of us use our interpersonal relationships to gain an advantage. The only difference with age is that our methods change as our goals do. I did qualify that; some are born jerks and gradually devolve to perfect azzwholes.

Clouder..
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:some are born jerks and gradually devolve to perfect azzwholes.

Thank you for that...it made my day and I am still laughing over it...Know a few it fits perfectly...[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:bpost

Azores
    23230 Posts
    Posted - 06/01/2012 : 10:56:18 AM

quote:
    Originally posted by BlackRoses

Okay, how bout you guys?

Have you considered the possibility it is you that is the problem?

Of course its me that is the problem...After all everyone else is so nice, so polite, never rude or interfering....[}:)][}:)]
  • Options
    whiteclouderwhiteclouder Member Posts: 10,574 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    it's pointless not to be blunt.

Good'n.

Clouder..
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Politically correct just ask Nutfinn how politically correct I am.[;)][:D][:D]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,942 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't get it. Don
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by whiteclouder
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    it's pointless not to be blunt.

Good'n.

Clouder..
    especially good.
    And fiery auto crashes
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    mlincolnmlincoln Member Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I lie all the time. I shade things to safeguard the feelings of others, give indirect answers, avoid saying things, etc. It's expected of me and I do it. If I didn't, I imagine I'd be out of a job within a week. I also imagine I wouldn't have any friends anymore.
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nunn
    I still tell people the truth. I just try to be gentle about it when I know it is something they won't want to hear.

+1 One other thing I noticed since I got older and bounced in and out of cardiac surgery several times, is a change in perspective. My G.A.S. (Give A Sxxx) factor has gone way down. I no longer feel the pressing need to correct every faulty claim I hear from idiots. I am much more likely to just have fun playing them. "Really. Where did you hear that? Have you confirmed that it is true or are you just trusting that anonymous email?" Do this with the most sincerely tone and expression you can muster. Funny as hell sometimes. [:D]