In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Clint Estwood is 85 today.

DocDoc Member Posts: 13,899 ✭✭✭
edited June 2015 in General Discussion
Still one of a kind. Happy Birthday, Clint. I promise to stay off your lawn.
....................................................................................................
Too old to live...too young to die...

Comments

• Options
    Cornflk1Cornflk1 Member Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yep, Clint is one of us.[^]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    If he Survived Springfield Oregon when he worked here he must be one of us.

quote:

He eventually heard of some opportunities available for hardworking young men who wished to try their hands at being lumberjacks in Springfield, Oregon. Arriving at the lumber camp, Clint was immediately hired, and he set right to work at the backbreaking labor the job required. The pay was good, but there was little else to recommend the job. It was almost impossible to spend any money, because the nearest major town, Eugene, proved to be an arduous drive through the Oregon mountain passes.

Eastwood stayed at the lumber camp for a little more than a year, then left. He says, "The dampness finally got to me, and I moved on. Around Eugene, in the Willamette Valley, it's beautiful, but in the winter it socks in. You go six, seven months without seeing blue."
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A true class act...

One of Hollywood's greatest!

Happy Birthday Brother!
  • Options
    moretoysmoretoys Member Posts: 389 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The dampness finally got to me, and I moved on. Around Eugene, in the Willamette Valley, it's beautiful, but in the winter it socks in. You go six, seven months without seeing blue."

Yep, thats how I remember it, been allmost 42 years living on the dry side of the state.
  • Options
    woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
    I Hope this Post
    MAKES HIS DAY
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't believe he is that old.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    great entertainer , that's for sure .
    Happy Birthday Mr Eastwood
    thanks for the hours of enjoyment watch movies ( wife may dis agree on time wasted [:D])
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Great guy....todays my sons birthday, and he is a lot like Clint....[;)]
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ..When those eyes narrow and that vein on his temple sticks
    out, that's a look that looks like it could kill...[}:)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******
    edited November -1
    Happy Birthday Harry,,
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    Great actor and director. Though not mentioned so much, also a composer of music. He wrote and performed musical scores for a number of his movies, received awards and nominations for some. Eastwood has an extensive knowledge of the history of Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Beepop and Delta Blues. He started out as a young man wanting to be a musician. Good piano player too.
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    Great actor and director. Though not mentioned so much, also a composer of music. He wrote and performed musical scores for a number of his movies, received awards and nominations for some. Eastwood has an extensive knowledge of the history of Jazz, Rhythm & Blues, Beepop and Delta Blues. He started out as a young man wanting to be a musician. Good piano player too.

I read something yesterday that as a kid he played the piano till his fingers bleed. He loved to play the piano.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    I've liked most but not all of his movies.

Like a lot of entertainers though it is best not to dig too deeply into their politics. Quite a few people here would go more than a little apepoop if they knew Eastwood's outlooks on guns and various social issues.

He does great work at both ends of the movie camera. Otherwise he mostly keeps a low profile. That works.