In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

HISTORY CHANNEL CASTING MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEME

TopShotTopShot Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in General Discussion
HISTORY CHANNEL CASTING MILITARY AND LAW ENFORCEMENT MARKSMEN/SNIPERS WITH STORIES OF AMAZING SHOTS MADE IN THE LINE OF DUTY

History Channel and the producers of "Top Shot" are looking for military, police, sheriff, SWAT and other agency marksmen and snipers with compelling stories of shots that they've taken while in service.

Maybe you're a current or former military sniper or precision marksman who succeeded in an extraordinary long or short-range engagement. Maybe you're a serviceman, federal agent or cop who landed an incredibly accurate shot that saved your life or the lives of others.

If you have a memorable tale of marksmanship that served your community or country, then the History Channel wants to know your story.

You will also have the opportunity to take part in a precision or sniper-related challenge to WIN A PRIZE!

CONTACT US TODAY!

Send an email to Casting@pilgrimstudios.com with:
* Your name
* Your city/state
* Your phone number
* A recent photo of yourself
* And a brief explanation of why you are right for this show

All former/current law-enforcement and military personnel are encouraged to apply. This is your opportunity to share your story with the rest of America!

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Candidates must be at least 21 years of age and a legal resident of the United States.

Candidates must be in reasonably good physical condition and proficient in precision and long-range marksmanship.

All potential participants will be required to enter into written agreements with Producer, provide verification of their actions and undergo a customary television background check.

All potential participants must be available to travel to Los Angeles (at the Producer's expense) for in-person, on-camera casting interviews during the week of June 28, 2015. Final dates TBD.

Comments

• Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lon Horiurchi Can brag about how he killed American Citizens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lon_Horiuchi
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    More years ago than I like to admit I would have loved to try that BRIAN ZINS showed very well the worst part was they did not let you ZERO the different types of guns that you were to use the same gun was passed from shooter to shooter in some cases. I really feel there are HUNTERS that also compete in different NRA type pistol Rifle and SHOT-GUN matches That would be a hell of a lot better than LEO
    I have watched many LEO shoot most don't even LIKE guns never practice on their own DIME. Never Hunt ETC. I am not saying I am good but I think there are Civilians that are just as good or better they need a bigger pool to get the best.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should advertise on policeone dot com.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've seen some documentaries where military "snipers" related stories which were re-created but not something I would be bragging about. Other's circumstances might be different but why would a person brag about something that years of alcohol intake couldn't blot out?
    Maybe they can find a SWAT(tie) who made a daring shot on pooch or an innocent citizen at the wrong address.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Excellent point!

Now there's a sniper who deserves his own 12 hour mini-series. He can talk about shooting a man's wife as she held their baby in her arms. He can explain how he learned to murder the innocent. Then he can talk about how to get away with it all, protected from justice because he was a law enforcement officer.
  • Options
    serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ChrisInTempe
    quote:Originally posted by bpost

Excellent point!

Now there's a sniper who deserves his own 12 hour mini-series. He can talk about shooting a man's wife as she held their baby in her arms. He can explain how he learned to murder the innocent. Then he can talk about how to get away with it all, protected from justice because he was a law enforcement officer.

Makes you wonder who started Total War first! In WWI or The American Civil War.Both sides used Snipers In The Civil War but Sherman Burned out the South pretty good to be elected except he did not kill women and Children like they did in WWII (Both Sides)

If total war comes again then g_d help us all when the nukes fall from the sky!

http://www.history.com/topics/american-civil-war/shermans-march

The Yankees were "not only fighting hostile armies, but a hostile people," Sherman explained; as a result, they needed to "make old and young, rich and poor, feel the hard hand of war."
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    "Total War" is a very ancient concept. Long before firearms there have been tribal wars where the losing side was slaughtered to the last infant. Their huts burned to ashes.

Not counting any slaves or females taken for breeding of course. The "Spoils of War" concept is equally as ancient.

Anyhow, as far as this History Channel invite, the topic is already well covered and frankly done to death. I'm pretty tired of what the channel has become. It's now one of those channels I skip over. In fact, when my current cable contract runs out I plan to drop it and go with TV over internet. That way I won't have to pay for silly annoying crap polluting channel after channel while I look for the few that are worth my time.