In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Spent the Day Drooling

grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
edited January 2015 in General Discussion
Had dental work done, cleaning and filling. Looked like I was having a stroke the right side of my mouth refused to work.

Jaw is killing me now. When he was doing the filling it was popping in and out of joint.

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    dang I thought you were at hanging out at Victoria secret , or a gun shop[:D][:D]
    well it will feel better in a day or two , looks like soup for dinner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gal doing the cleaning did take my mind off of it several times. With where she was resting my head. Nice Pillows.[:D]
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D]
    well there was a few moments of enjoyment in the visit.
    I will have to speak to my dentist about hiring more well endowed help

quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
    Gal doing the cleaning did take my mind off of it several times. With where she was resting my head. Nice Pillows.[:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ditch-Runner
    [:D][:D]
    well there was a few moments of enjoyment in the visit.
    I will have to speak to my dentist about hiring more well endowed help

He is hiring another but I'm afraid she is way too young. Would feel like Chester the molester.

Hated being the. test dummy for her to work on. About drowned in my own drool.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1

The gal who cleans mine explained to me that she doesn't really like working on cleaning teeth with the patient's head tilted over to one side, so she prefers to lean over to reach as she works.

And she hopes that is OK.

It is. [:o)][:I][:0][8D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had all my fillings taken out and they put the new white fillings in. You cannot see them. Wife's uncle is a dentist and did them for free. I was just going to have my teeth cleaned and he decided to use me as a guinea pig[:D] I love them and it didn't hurt at all. Oakie
  • Options
    moonshinemoonshine Member Posts: 8,471
    edited November -1
    quote:Spent the Day Drooling

Was that good for you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Oakie
    I had all my fillings taken out and they put the new white fillings in. You cannot see them. Wife's uncle is a dentist and did them for free. I was just going to have my teeth cleaned and he decided to use me as a guinea pig[:D] I love them and it didn't hurt at all. Oakie

What took so took so long was grinding out the old filling. I got one of those new ones.

March I get to have another fixed this one the whole side blew out. But has not bothered me yet.
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    .."Spent the day drooling"...I did that once but it turned out I was
    having a prolonged seizure.....[:0]...Wife had a tooth pulled this
    morning and she can barely tell. Ice and hydrocodone are wonderful
    things.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....dam, I thought you bought a new "Wrangler"![:D]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I thougth this was about a matinee at your local strip club.[:(][:(][:(]
  • Options
    fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    U better hope he didn't just cause U to have to live with a case of TMJ for the rest of your days...[B)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41
    U better hope he didn't just cause U to have to live with a case of TMJ for the rest of your days...[B)]

Pain almost gone today. So now worries.
  • Options
    ChrisInTempeChrisInTempe Member Posts: 15,562
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fishkiller41

Pain almost gone today. So now worries.

Ouch.

Well then for future reference, this was always my favorite for after dental work. Non-prescription, I went through a lot of it for reconstruction to fix troubles left over from a childhood car wreck.

There is usually a generic available these days, it would have a similar name. Even so, worked well enough for me I'd spend extra on the brand name if that's all I could find.

Percogesic.png