In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

have you had experience wit BPH treatment

perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
[?][?]
hello has anyone here had any experience with either treatment #1
green light Laser Therapy or

#2 UROLIFT IMPLANT PROCEDURE [?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

EDIT THANKS GUYS I have
had problem for maybe 5years
tried Flow max but hadvery bad side effects that doc could not explain and condition just very slowly keeps getting worst I want to take some fairly long ROAD TRIPS
and don't want to have to take pit stop every 30 minutes I think I might try the UROLIFT

Comments

• Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    [?][?]
    hello has anyone here had any experience with either treatment #1
    green light Laser Therapy or

#2 UROLIFT IMPLANT PROCEDURE [?][?][?][?][?][?][?]

Your dog bit who?

BTT [;)]
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    there going to shoot your walnut with a green laser[:0]
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had BPH for 3 decades. I take saw palmetto and Prostate Strength from the health food store, work pretty well.
  • Options
    WarbirdsWarbirds Member Posts: 16,834 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the full BHP treatment done by Cylinder & Slide. Cost me over 2 grand at the time but damn if I don?t love that Browning Hi-Power.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had it, the over the counter stuff did zip except for their bottom line.

Had the TURP laser variety, unsure of the color. Worked very well. Discovered I also had OAB masked by the BHP.

The OAB is partially fixed by 3 pills a day, and I can spel them abbreviations worls clas.
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,006 ******
    edited November -1
    I had the LASER surgery, and cannot recommend it. The only positive that came from the surgery was that during surgery, the doctor found and removed a cancerous tumor from my bladder.

If I could undo the surgery, but for the removal of the tumor, I would. I still get up and pee 2-3 times a night, even taking Flomax.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    I have had BPH for 3 decades. I take saw palmetto and Prostate Strength from the health food store, work pretty well.
    Same here....I am doing better as I age...figure that out...Saw Palmetto daily...prostate supplement..[;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nunn, have your doctor try you on Trospium CL. Mine costs $15 for 3 months.
  • Options
    yonsonyonson Member Posts: 904 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saw palmetto has been used by humans for hundreds of years. Seems to grow wild under every palm tree in Florida. As such, unlike the manufactured drug Flomax, it can be marketed in a standardized form at low cost. As a safe natural substance having no known side effects, one can expect the drug industry to be opposed to its use while issuing contradictory statements about it. I've been taking it for 18 years and am satisfied with the results. Best to obtain it from a mail-order vitamin & supplement place such as Puritans Pride for reasons including standardized doses, freshness & price. Medical treatments & drugs ought to be a last resort.
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,234 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are going the AMA route, which is not always the best route.
    Your prescription didn't work and had bad side effects.
    Your doc didn't talk about the stuff from the health food store, because docs and big pharma don't make any money when you go to the health food story.

Sorry to sound so cynical but it is true.

And these other two procedures you are contemplating, doc and big pharma will make big bucks, sounds like surgery to me.

Why not try the saw palmetto and the Prostate Strength, not costly and no side effects. Get one bottle of each and try 'em for 2 weeks, if no help, which I doubt, throw 'em away.

I had terrible problems with BPH, years ago, I got onto the saw palmetto and had 50 percent reduction of symptoms in a week.
    And I got the Prostate Strength and another 30 percent improvement.

https://www.amazon.com/MegaFood-Prostate-Strength-Multimineral-Gluten-Free/dp/B00GZ9GR3O/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1522511936&sr=8-3&keywords=prostate+strength&dpID=51DKlR%2BzEvL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used the Extra Strength Saw Palmetto Complex, twice a day, for 12 years and it did make a difference. However, I had left Inguinal Hernia surgery in early January and the anesthesia wreaked havoc with my urinary tract. My urologist started me on Flomax and so far no side effects, it corrected the post surgery issues, and I've experienced urinary improvements. At some point I might go back to Saw Palmetto Complex and stop taking Flomax.

I would recommend giving Saw Palmetto a try!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    WyattEarp45WyattEarp45 Member Posts: 63 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had microwave treatment in 2000. Doc told me it would last 5 yrs then I'd need another treatment. It lasted 16 yrs. In the meantime I took 320 Saw Palmetto daily. I think it extended the time, but did not cure the problem, as in 2016 the symptoms returned. I opted for a year of meds (finastaride/Proscar and tamsulosin/Flomax, a truly powerful combination) which did not reduce symptoms.

I then opted for GL (green light laser) which doc said was preferred for my age and condition (may not be optimal for you). GL was done December 2016, about 15 months ago. I am happy with the results, although it took 30 days after treatment to fully kick in. I actually felt like the 20 yr old man I used to be, as far as my plumbing is concerned. My PSA has dropped and stayed low.

You must be concerned with retrograde ejaculation and sexual performance. In my case, who cares because I am over 70. Can still have sex, but not the same. Again, I DON'T CARE (but you may). GL is not permanent (only TURP is permanent, because the prostrate is resected - removed).

If I need GL again, no biggie, because it's easy and quick. The only down part is the cystoscopy which cannot be avoided in any type of prostrate procedure. Good luck, God Bless.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by yonson
    Saw palmetto has been used by humans for hundreds of years. Seems to grow wild under every palm tree in Florida. As such, unlike the manufactured drug Flomax, it can be marketed in a standardized form at low cost. As a safe natural substance having no known side effects, one can expect the drug industry to be opposed to its use while issuing contradictory statements about it. I've been taking it for 18 years and am satisfied with the results. Best to obtain it from a mail-order vitamin & supplement place such as Puritans Pride for reasons including standardized doses, freshness & price. Medical treatments & drugs ought to be a last resort.

I gave it a 9 month test drive. Had there been any result, it would been imaginary. Perhaps it works for others. I do know 80% of all medical complaints resolve themselves, which is why placebos work so well.
  • Options
    cowboy77845cowboy77845 Member Posts: 316 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    FYI. My urologist says one will have severe leakage if greenlight laser is used after one has had radiation treatment for prostate cancer. Apparently the sphincter is scarred during radiation treatment and it becomes less flexible. She prefers laser surgery as compared to TURP. My previous urologist did not like either and said use drugs as long as they work. Whatever you do I hope it is successful.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try to stay natural. Saw Palmetto...
    "What is truth?'