In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gun related update

nemesisenforcernemesisenforcer Member Posts: 10,513 ✭✭✭
edited April 2018 in General Discussion
I know I been scarce around here lately, but thought I'd check in and drop the latest firearm news from my world.

I bought my "midlife crisis rifle:" A Mauser action chambered in 9.3X64 Brenneke. It's a modern production CZ originally in 9.3x62 and rechambered by my gunsmith, Carlton (a great guy and a good friend; I'll tell some stories about him later that will make you laugh.)

The intent is to take it to Alaska to hunt hopefully musk ox or maybe moose with my good friend Bill, an Alaska native.

My most recent purchase was the Ruger SR1911 that I inquired about earlier. Great gun, tight, great finish, love the way it looks, and having fun breaking it in.

I think I posted about my carry piece a few years back, a Zastava M77 9mm. Great little gun. Slim and compact, shoots good and reliable, and has a certain flair to it. No one else carries one. I like being unique.

My most interesting purchase was the PTR91.

I initially purchased it from a certain online retailer who royally pissed me off at every level and every turn. I eventually canceled my order with them and found a better deal with another online store that I ordered the Ruger 1911 from. Great customer service. I'm sure I can't mention them on here but if you're interested PM me and I'll give you the details.

Comments