In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Finally got a surgery date.

catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I'm getting my lumbar fusion on November 10th. I have to go down to Bismarck the afternoon of the 9th for the pre-procedural appointment. But, before all of this I have to get a clearance physical from my clinic on base. I called today to make an appointment and they said the best they could do was the same time as my pre-procedural. I told them that their best fell horribly short and to try again. The line went quiet for a few seconds and the scheduler then told me she had an opening the afternoon of the 8th. I thanked her for her cooperation and wished her a good day.

Comments

• Options
    jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i wish you well
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    Hope and pray all goes well.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bull300wsm
    Hope and pray all goes well.
    +1
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck prayers asked.
  • Options
    catpealer111catpealer111 Member Posts: 10,695
    edited November -1
    All I can say is this is starting to get very real and I'm getting a bit stressed. I'd have a smoke if I wasn't trying to quit.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******
    edited November -1
    Prayers and best of thoughts.[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck.
    I had L4-5 and L5-S1 "Decompressed" two weeks ago.
    Went from one Hydrocodone 5-500 per day pre op to two.
  • Options
    sgm hagsgm hag Member Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wish you great success and recovery! Been on this thread before and since got an ESI myself. Had talked with friends who gotten them and they worked. So I was all excited to get some relief. Even saw that James guy on the TV program "Gold Hunt" who collapsed and couldn't move his legs when his Morphine pills ran out. They showed the entire epidural procedure on TV. His x-ray showed much more damage than mine. Yet after the injection, he jumped back into work like a young kid. But mine, well it did feel great...In fact it felt cured for almost four hours. That's when the local anesthetic wore off! Now Doc is scheduling me to see a neurologist to seek another approach to the 24/7 dull stabbing I live with. My prayers are shared for you and I both.

quote:Originally posted by catpealer111
    I'm getting my lumbar fusion on November 10th. I have to go down to Bismarck the afternoon of the 9th for the pre-procedural appointment. But, before all of this I have to get a clearance physical from my clinic on base. I called today to make an appointment and they said the best they could do was the same time as my pre-procedural. I told them that their best fell horribly short and to try again. The line went quiet for a few seconds and the scheduler then told me she had an opening the afternoon of the 8th. I thanked her for her cooperation and wished her a good day.