In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Went to town again CC PITA

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2018 in General Discussion
I had to go to 2 banks and the Post office in town today. In NC these are areas that are off limits to concealed handguns.

Ok now I am doubting myself.................I am reading that concealed carry in a bank in NC is ok but not recommended. When I took my class I specifically remembered Bank Carry was a NOGO.

Any other NC CC guys know the answer?

Like a good boy I removed my gun from its holster before I went inside. I put it under the seat, Unloaded.

I think this is kind of stupid but its the law and if you are caught you can get in serious trouble.

I did get to carry my gun when I went into McDonalds for the 2nd time in 2 days[:p]

I had a Big Mac, Small Fries and Lg Sweet tea[:D]
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    My beliefe is if it is concealed (no printing nothing). Then there's not a problem. Unless it's a place where I know their will be metal detectors or I might get searched upon entry, I don't even look for no firearm signs.

Just went to the courthouse today to fill out an absentee ballot. Had my signature 938 in my front right pocket. Putting it in the center console of my Subaru when I got there and locked the car. 15 minutes later it was back in my pocket. I did forget to take the small folding knife off my pocket though[:D]. Oops.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems like a bank is where you'd want a CCW.

You might double check your law. I'm going real broad with this but... In MO a CCW License makes no gun signs optional and removes those specified areas from places you can't carry.

Consequences if caught = a non criminal $100 fine.
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good to go if the bank is not posted against CC. From GRNC website: (GRNC.org)

GRNC recently passed omnibus gun bill HB 650, which includes:

Castle Doctrine, enabling you to better defend your family against violent predators;

Concealed carry in state and municipal parks;

Concealed carry in financial institutions;

Harmonizing state laws on Title II firearms, as regulated by the National Firearms Act of 1934; and

Improvements in North Carolina?s concealed handgun permit application process.
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use the drive up at the bank.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I go thru the same hassle every time I have to go to Goldsboro it sucks
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,956 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In New Mexico a CCL is exempt from no guns signs unless it is a specific State of New Mexico no gun sign. State buildings, hospitals etc. PO and other federal buildings no gun is the rule. Bank has no sign, but I keep it carefully covered. I can carry in a package store, but not where it is served by the drink or bottle.
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hedog I looked at the rules and there have been some changes in the last 17 years when I took the class in NC.

Here we have to follow the No Gun signs.
    RLTW