In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

shame

oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
edited July 2018 in General Discussion
'You should be ashamed,' the father told his son, Andy, 'When Abraham Lincoln was your age, he used to walk ten miles every day to get to school.'

'Really?' Andy responded. 'Well, when he was your age, he was president.'

Comments

• oldemagicsoldemagics Member Posts: 5,821 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pennsylvania, one of the more lenient states on the second has blocked sale of software for laser print receivers?

https://firearmdaily.com/pennsylvania-blocks-access-to-3d-printed-guns/

Pennsylvania state authorities have blocked the public?s access to 3D printed firearms less than a month after the distributor was legally cleared to supply them.

The move was announced following an emergency meeting in Philadelphia. Defense Distributed, a company which uploads downloadable blueprints for 3D-printable weapons (including AR-15-style rifles), has agreed to make its site unaccessible in the state.

The company had initially planned to make its content available on the first of August. According to local broadcaster WGAL, 1,000 people had already downloaded the blueprints.

The availability of print-at-home firearms concerned authorities, who cited the weapons would be put into circulation without serial numbers. In theory, this would make the weapons nearly impossible to track.

Defense Distributed has garnered considerable fame within the firearm community in the United States for being the first to successfully demonstrate a 3D-printed firearm. The company was ordered to take its website down by the U.S. State Department in 2013 for allegedly violating international arms trafficking laws. The company attempted to appeal the decision by the Fifth Circuit Court, which supported the State Department?s decision. The Supreme Court declined to hear the company?s case.

The online firearm blueprint distributor was finally given the green light to continue its operation after reaching a settlement with the State Department in July 2018.

Defense Distributed has enjoyed noteworthy support from gun enthusiasts, initially raising $20,000 in crowd funding before its first printer was confiscated. During its quarrel with the State Department, the company was legally supported by the Second Amendment Foundation.

~ Firearm Dialy
  • Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is a shame.

I was made to turn in many really neat old gun to be destroyed. I save a bunch for the SF Weapons locker but some I could not save.

It made me sick.

Especially stuf like Browning BAR, 1919, MG42's and 38's. Italian Bredas and odd ball french crap.

it
    made me sick
    RLTW