In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Morning drive,,

montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
edited February 2014 in General Discussion
The roads were snow packed and icy. I knew it meant hazardous condions,I can spot it right now. Knowing it would take longer to travel this morning I started rolling as soon as half the windshield was thawed out. The rest will thaw as I drive.
So,I'm cruising along at 18mph,when I notice several cars coming up behind me and the whole line of them want to get real close to me. I tell myself,yep,I know what this means. They want me to lead and show them the way,they can't see the center line. Having traveled this road many times,I know right where that double yellow is. I pull slowly to the left that where I'm driving straddleing the yellow line so those behind would know its location. The line of cars are kinda weaving back and forth behind me. Surely they starting to slip and slide. That when I knew to turn on my Emergency Flasher and SLOWW Down!!! Well,good gosh,about then three of the vehicles behind me decided to come zooming around me,half in the burrow pit of the wrong side of the road and wooom,zooom,vroom,they got in front of me and kept going. They made this sacrifice to avoid sliding into the rear of me.
I knew things were getting worse so I slowed down mnore. Finally,got to the red light at the big intersection and OMG,there were police cars,tow trucks,fire trucks,and two of the three that passed me are sitting in the middle of the intersection all crunched up. I could see both drivers were out of the vehicle and waving thiers arms about. I pulled into the intersection and stopped to see what had happened. The policemen stopped traffic in all directions and waved me,as an idividual through the intersection. I smiled and waved as I passed by. It felt good knowing I probably prevented the other nine vehicles behind me from being involved in that pile up.
[;)][;)][;)][^][^][^]

Comments