In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Need some advice.

TheFonzTheFonz Member Posts: 125 ✭✭✭
edited August 2013 in General Discussion
please, no cuts or jabs. i have been having trouble with my mother she has a low tolerance for pain and an affinity for medications. i cant seem to get it through to her that she is going to kill herself one day.
this has been an off and on problem for several years. but while dad was alive he kind of kept her in check. since he passed,, the problems have been increasing in number. i can tell when shes had to much and tonight was one of those nights.
to keep a long storry from getting to long, i basically told her that when i went to the doctor(also her doctor) i was going to ask him to reevaluate the meds that she is taking. this made her madder then a hornet and she tried to guilt trip me with the whole, i guess you just want me to suffer for the rest of my life.
i told her that a little pain was better then her being deader than a f n doornail. then told her to sleep it off and i would talk to her tommorrow.

she doesnt want me to say anything to the doctor because she has been getting drugs from another doctor, and not telling either one what the other is giving her.

off hand, her "nightly coctail" consists of one to three muscle relaxers(told her that the heart was a muscle she didnt get it) an NSAID or two and chase it down with a vicoden.

am i doing the right thing in talking to the doc? i dont want to have her committed or anything because she is fine most of the time. i think that a lot of her pain is from the loss of my father and she wont listen to me telling her that is not the way to deal with it.
what should i do?

i realize that an internet forum may not be the best place to seek advice on this but i value you alls input.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Ok I have a major problem I am being plagued to death with cell phone harrasment. Id like to know what do I need to do. I wouldnt have that much of a problem with it if they didnt call every other day the person on the line sounds like a 4 year old kid and very hard to understand but says extremely perverted things and knows entirely too much about me for thier own good. I havent the slightest idea how they know so much. They know my parents names my grandparents names who my roomate was in college you name it they pretty much know it. I hate to say it but I think I might have a stalker (as strange as that may seem) I got really freaked out when somehow the person knew I had the house to myself this weekend, Especially when I didnt tell anyone. Any thoughts suggestions as to what I should do (Yes I am Liscensed to carry) I can never tell who it is when they call because it shows up as caller id blocked however I get calls like that all the time So Im forced to answer. I know im gonna have to get my number changed but I would not be surprised if they find out what the new number is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Revenge is a double edged sword that only kills its wielder

"Are you a photographer?"
    "No im a combat correspondant"
    "Well you seen much combat?"
    "Yeah I seen a little on TV"
    "Youre a real comedian"
    "Well they call me the Joker"
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Been thinking of selling my AK47. I used screws in place of rivets. If it were you, would you sell it as is, rivet it, or take it apart and sell it as a parts kit?
  • Options
    KEVD18KEVD18 Member Posts: 15,037
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by TheFonz
    Been thinking of selling my AK47. I used screws in place of rivets. If it were you, would you sell it as is, rivet it, or take it apart and sell it as a parts kit?

I personally wouldn't buy a screwed(hacked) together ak.

That being said, others would. If I were you, I'd list it as is and see if it sells without further intervention at a price you can live with. If it does, great. If not, then you pick a road.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
    edited November -1
    well, if you completed a 'kit' that was never a firearm you can never sell it.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Firearms may be lawfully made by persons who do not hold a manufacturer's license under the GCA provided they are not for sale or distribution and the maker is not prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms. However, a person is prohibited from assembling a non-sporting semiautomatic rifle or shotgun from 10 or more imported parts, as set forth in regulations in 27 C.F.R. 478.39.

Where does your screwed-together AK fit into those laws?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Could be mistaken, but since i bought the receiver itself (background check and all) via an FFL i thought i would be in the clear as far as that goes, with the requisite US made parts.