In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lowes problems

sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
edited August 2016 in General Discussion
I was needing some things and the wife was wanting a new washer/dryer combo so we made a trip to Lowes today..The sales people were obnoxious to say the least, I was looking at floor,the salesman asked what I was looking for,,I showed him a piece I had brought with me,,still had Lowes sticker on back,,he stood flat footed and argued Lowes never sold it, so we went to appliances,,wife found the set she was looking at online,,they were $160 higher in store than online and store would not match their own price. So I decided to just go home and order everything online,,make them deliver it for free,,,,went online ,found all my items,,checked total,,checked tax,,everything right,,placed my order,,, when I recieved e-mail conformation LOWES had charged my credit card $130 more than my order total, so i spent an hour on the phone with LOWES corporate,,transfered from person to person,,,NOT ONE OF THEM,,,could explain why,,so they credited me back the overcharge,,makes one wonder how many people a day they overcharge that does not get caught

Comments

• Options
    redneckandyredneckandy Member Posts: 9,686 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's like they plan on you not looking on your bill.I usually give my money to the competing stores when I get poor service..
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Use that buck-30 for a five year warranty for both units.
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i found home depot beats liarlowes on most stuff
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,666 ******
    edited November -1
    Guess who works on Sunday.
    The FNG's.
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They don't seem to understand that an "extended" warranty starts at the end of the "original" factory warranty, thus extended for 3 year, 4 year or whatever the term is, extension means added on time in my opinion. It's not just Lowes I'm speaking of either. [V]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have went elsewhere but the wife had her heart set on some Maytag machines ""stamped commercial " she found online and Home Depot does not carry that one. Happy wife,,happy life
    I did purchase an extended 3 year warranty that states it starts after the original 1 year so that gives me 4 total,,price was not bad,,$59 a machine,,being Maytag the motor and such already had a 10year but the extended covers those darn perky motherboard and such that seam to go out on modern stuff.

The fun part of this is,,a person did not overcharge my card,,their online check system on their company website did.
  • Options
    Mark GMark G Member Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and I purchased a new washer and dryer from Lowes back in December. They were on sale and in stock. We had to wait for the sales lady to get free (it was a busy Saturday) but they brought them right out and helped me load them into my pickup. Price was as stated online and in the store. I am now re-doing a master bathroom in our house. It has an alcove tub (54" long). Home Depot was the only ones that stocked it and only at certain stores. I read the reviews online and most of them said to look out for shipping damage. The ship to home took 2 or 3 tries to get an undamaged one so I figured I would see them in person before I paid. I tried the first store showing 4 in stock. This was 30 minutes away. They actually had 3 and all had damage, either dented or scratched. Next store was 45 minutes away. Took 30 minutes and 3 trips to the customer service desk to get someone with a forklift to get them down. First 3 had visible damage so I asked them to pull down the other 3. Guy got beligerent with me and said HE wasn't going to play this game with me. I need to take my pick with the 3 that were down, I told him this was a new tub and the tub should be undamaged. He said to my wife "maybe you should get a better tub than these cheap ones". My wife responded, "show me something else in a 54" tub and we will consider it." The 5th tub that they pulled down had no damage and we wound up taking it with us. I have found that Lowes normally does a better job than Home Depot around here.
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I guess I am lucky:
    Every appliance in my house; 2 Refrigerators, 2 Freezers, washer dryer, stove, comes from Lowes.
    They delivered and hauled off old one for FREE, plus they give 10% discount for military.
    They will also give zero interest for one year if you use a Lowes credit card in most cases.
    Sears, Home Depot, Best buy will not haul away for free; $100-150 to do so. No military discount, plus Lowes had the Lowest price.

Your Lowes must have hired some ex-government workers judging by their attitude.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,750 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Our Lowes is not that bad...,,,but soon to be outshined as Menards is coming. They can shut the doors after they get built. They have everything I am looking for as Lowes is about 60-40.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Pays to shop around...
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At least, Lowes gives a 10% discount to military veterans; Home Depot gives vets ---- nothing.

Maytag went out of business at least 15 years ago. One of the conglomerates bought the name, & the machines with that name are made in Mexico or China in the same plants that make all the others.

Neal

"You get what you pay for, sometimes less." ---- Neal
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is odd Home depot according to their corporate offices

"The discount is available to all veterans on major patriotic holidays including Veterans Day, Memorial Day and Independence Day. We're also one of only a few retailers that provides an everyday discount to active-duty, National Guard, Coast Guard and reservists, as well as retired and service-connected disabled service members, and their spouses."

quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    At least, Lowes gives a 10% discount to military veterans; Home Depot gives vets ---- nothing.

Maytag went out of business at least 15 years ago. One of the conglomerates bought the name, & the machines with that name are made in Mexico or China in the same plants that make all the others.

Neal

"You get what you pay for, sometimes less." ---- Neal
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by chiefr
    I guess I am lucky:
    Every appliance in my house; 2 Refrigerators, 2 Freezers, washer dryer, stove, comes from Lowes.
    They delivered and hauled off old one for FREE, plus they give 10% discount for military.
    They will also give zero interest for one year if you use a Lowes credit card in most cases.
    Sears, Home Depot, Best buy will not haul away for free; $100-150 to do so. No military discount, plus Lowes had the Lowest price.

Your Lowes must have hired some ex-government workers judging by their attitude.

Us too. We buy from Lowes for our houses and rentals. Never one problem with them.Better prices then all their competitors too. We go to Delaware for tax free shopping. It is only 35 minutes from our home, so it doesn't cost a lot in gas either.
  • Options
    rossowmnrossowmn Member Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My daughter is having a new gas kitchen range delivered Friday from Lowes. She asked about installation and was told it would be a MINIMUM of $250 plus any necessary hardware.[:0] I told her maybe we could turn off the gas valve, unscrew the old line, attach a new line and turn on the gas valve for somewhat less than $250, including the little bottle of leak-checker.
  • Options
    nutfinnnutfinn Member Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New norm, incompetence, people don't care [:o)]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    squirt bottle of soapy water checks leaks for about ZERO cost
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have purchased washer,dryer and stove from Lowes in Zion's Crossroads in Central Va.They always give me veterans discount and thank me for my service.Three appliances in past two years and no damage plus they took old ones away.Home Depot in Harriman,NY would not give veterans discount for a few years but I guess their policy hit the bottom line soon after I cancelled my HD card.They now give a veterans discount.
  • Options
    NavybatNavybat Member Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love Lowe's. Bought my last washer/dryer set from them three months ago. Great price, delivery guys were courteous. I have bought lawnmowers, grills, tools, kitchen appliances from them. Never had a problem.

But doesn't mean I won't ever. Nothing is perfect. Sorry you had such a rough time, though.