In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Prayer Request

2»

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm having shoulder surgery tomorrow afternoon. To reattach the tendon to the top of my arm. 6 weeks with it in a sling. Dr. said not to move the upper arm at all. About a hour surgery. It's going to be a long time until July.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please pray for my son Josh. He is in danger of harming himself and I've done all I can do, but he is going over the edge.

I know he has problems, and I know he has brought most of them on himself, but he is my son, and I love him.

Thank you in advance,

Danny and Sandy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Please have a prayer and kind thought for Wanda.
    Jay Wesley Core, my father, passed recently.

Veteran of WWII and KHP Trooper for thirty years (1953-1983)with the Kansas Highway Patrol.

Prayers for strength and comfort for Wanda would be greatly appreciated as he was the center of her world as she was for him.

and for those who understand pegs down.

Thanks to all of you.

Scott
  • Options
    edited November -1
    my wife just got off the phone with her aunt. she told the wife that her daughter has colon and rectal cancer
    i ask that you will pray for her
    Diane is only 50
    thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK so I guess this is my first time doing this. An employee of mine was having some chest pain the week before last. He got off the riding mower and laid down. He went through the weekend and got scared by monday (never wanted to go to the doctors for years). He finally went and got an EKG, which was normal (last wed morning) Come Wed eve, the paramedics were doing CPR. Long story short, he didn't make it. At 56yrs old, I find this hard to fathom.

His wife is one of my office staff that does an outstanding job. They are both like family to me. His wife, Linda, is devastated. After almost 29yrs of marriage, they still kissed goodbye every day and even held hands in public. I have been talking to her to try and get her head on straight. I have also told her daughter to make sure she takes the medication the doctor gave her, since I KNOW how much this is crushing her. She has said that if she didn't have a daughter, there would be no reason for her to be here any longer. During our talk, I told her how envious I am of the marriage she had. These two were truley best friends, even after almost 29yrs.

She called this morning and asked if I could be a pallbearer, and even though I think I have strained a chest muscle this weekend, I did not have the heart to tell her. I will carry his casket and not show a sign of pain if I can help it.

Please throw a prayer up for a woman whom I think of as family. She is salt of the earth and devastated at this point. She has a long road without her best friend, and I am worried about her and her daughter.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've never asked for a prayer request, but I could use a few prayers sent this way.

My wife found 3 lumps in her breast last week.
    I've been working too many hours out of town to post lately.

Thanks everyone.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't do this often but please offer up one for my best friend and his family. His mother was watching her grandkids this afternoon . She got up to go to the restroom when she fell over and died from a stroke. Please say one for the kids who watched their grandma die in front of them. I know that has to tear them up inside.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I don't care what your religious persuasion is, or even if you pray, all I ask is if you do pray please say a prayer for my hubbie. If you don't pray, just think positive thoughts for him.

Since his two surgeries last year he has had a lingering, raspy voice. At first we thought it was from having major surgery in February and then having another the next month (March for those of you who are calendar challenged). We thought at first that having a tube down his throat had irritated it and it would just take time to recover.

As time passed he didn't improve, but had sinus issues, bronchitis, etc. so still no large alarm bells sounding. Went to have the bronchitis taken care of a few weeks ago and the GP sent him to an ENT.

He saw the ENT yesterday. He has a growth on his vocal cords. He is scheduled for out patient surgery on the 16th to have it removed. They will biopsy the growth and go from there.

Some of you may recall he had prostate surgery last February. His PSA has not dropped to 0 yet and now we have this growth. We need prayers and well wishes, lots of them.

Thanks folks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    One of the officers at the company I work for was stabbed/cut badly tonight. Please say a prayer for him and his family!
    Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Alan RushingAlan Rushing Member Posts: 9,002 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know that even prayers will be of much help to you.

You had been in the pan before ... you just walked into the fire knowing that it was there.

I hope that you are truely blessed. I'll be wondering about you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Alan Rushing

USA
    2462 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2011 : 10:20:13 PM Show Profile Email Poster Reply with Quote

I don't know that even prayers will be of much help to you.

You had been in the pan before ... you just walked into the fire knowing that it was there.

I hope that you are truely blessed. I'll be wondering about you.

Thank You for your kind thoughts I will need them.
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    C'mon Curt....what could go wrong>[}:)]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,380 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Prayers for all on the way.
  • Options
    hdcolt51hdcolt51 Member Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent! know the feeling mine moved back in a year ago.It has been great but....[:(]
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Prayers sent.

God tells us to pray about absolutely everything in our lives...
  • Options
    skicatskicat Member Posts: 14,431
    edited November -1
    I think a lot of families will be "circling the wagons" economically in the next few years. It is not necessarily a bad thing just different than we have become used to. It won't be as tough as you think but I fired off a prayer for strength and understanding anyway.[:)]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,026 ******
    edited November -1
    I pray for all of my friends daily. You've been gettingt them all along. [;)][;)] More sent.[:)][:)][:)]
  • Options
    barbwiredbarbwired Member Posts: 8,254
    edited November -1
    Prayers and patiences asked for you tonight.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Prayers said for fatherly wisdom, patience, and understanding!

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have to look at the bright side. At least there's no babies and no minority boy friends, but I'll let it go at that.
  • Options
    kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Done.
    What's next?
  • Options
    camodudecamodude Member Posts: 583 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well...at least the post didnt say anything about grandkids[:)][:)]
    Goodluck[:D]