In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ATF wants to scrap Sgt. York's captured MG's

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited December 2011 in General Discussion
This is old news but some may not have heard. Anyone know the outcome?

http://fingolfen.blogspot.com/2007/04/atf-wants-to-scrap-sgt-yorks-captured.html

Comments

• Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,683 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what ever came of that....it would be interesting to know though. One thing that is pretty cool about this instance is the recent ruling where a judge said the local police over-rule federal entities. I think that was a real step toward how things need to be handled when it comes to EVERYTHING and if they still have it there (with their local police) the ATF cannot do a dang thing about it.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    The Federal Government should have nothing to do with Firearms and States, their envolvment was meant to be in interstate commerce. Florida has so much as told them to stay the he!! out of our state Firearm business..
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I remember correctly most levels of goverment are exempt from those laws. Nahant, Massachusetts is either a city goverment or part of a county goverment.
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    It ended up at the Museum of Appalachia in Tennessee.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Txs

PHOTOS MAN!!! PHOTOS!!
  • Options
    LesWVaLesWVa Member Posts: 10,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Waco Waltz
    quote:Originally posted by Txs

PHOTOS MAN!!! PHOTOS!!

It's in the Museum. In Feb 2010 it was put on display at a theater in Knoxville that honored York.

york_atb_02_t607.jpg
  • Options
    mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 15,467 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The BATF owes me $13,999...

[:)]
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...This kind of topic always makes me wonder what else is out there.
    I'm sure there are plenty of MP-40's and such that made it home in a duffel bag. Now, they are stashed in a trunk in the attic and the widow doesn't know what it is or what to do with it. Sad....[V]
  • Options
    mossberg500manmossberg500man Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    I'm sure there are plenty of MP-40's and such that made it home in a duffel bag. Now, they are stashed in a trunk in the attic and the widow doesn't know what it is or what to do with it. Sad....[V]
    many "souviners" came home recently where i live a widow and her children were cleaning out a basement containing their recently deceased grandfathers things and they discovered a grenade and some ww2 era demo fuse
  • Options
    tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...I recall a story where someone bought a "grease gun" at a garage sale for a few dollars. That's what the WWII vet had called it, so the widow or family took that to mean a "grease"-gun.
    ...I'd guess that there are lots of things floating around out there that never got registered during the little advertised and short lived amnesty.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ...I recall a story where someone bought a "grease gun" at a garage sale for a few dollars. That's what the WWII vet had called it, so the widow or family took that to mean a "grease"-gun.
    ...I'd guess that there are lots of things floating around out there that never got registered during the little advertised and short lived amnesty.
    interesting...while that sounds incredible and fun...oh the consequences[V]
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mossberg500man
    many "souviners" came home recently where i live a widow and her children were cleaning out a basement containing their recently deceased grandfathers things and they discovered a grenade and some ww2 era demo fuse
    Sounds like Grandpa was pretty kool [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Junkballer
    quote:Originally posted by mossberg500man
    Sounds like Grandpa was pretty kool [:D]
    i agree[:p] but johnny law would probably take a little diffrent stance on that