In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

oldest gun

13»

Comments

• Options
    lkanneslkannes Member Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A first year production 1897 Winchester 12 gauge shotgun. It was my grandfather's. I killed my first pheasant (and many more after that) with it.
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marlin 25-20 pump rifle. 1924
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    An original Pennsylvania style flintlock rifle. It was loaned to us by a local collector in the late 1960s when we were starting a reenactment Revolutionary War group. It was in excellent condition, beautiful curly maple stock and brass patch box. It was about .36 caliber and accuracy was excellent. Always wished I had tried to buy it as I think the owner would have let me have it. He was a kind and generous benefactor to our group, even giving us a cannon barrel.
    I believe it was probably made in the late 1700s to early 1800s.
    Wasn't smart enough at the time to look for the maker.
    Other than that one, I fired a lot of original cap lock rifles and shotguns, and another Kentucky style rifle that my brother still has that I believe was converted from flint. Really loved those old smokepoles in my youth.[8D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kannoneer
    Hey, Oakie- was that a double barrel or a double action? I know TR had a double barrel but he hunted elephants with it. And it wasn't a handgun.

Double barrel pistol in 32 caliber, with ivory grips. Has his initials on it. His great nephew is a close personal friend of mine for over 30 years and lives here in Medford, NJ. He is kinda kooky though[:o)][:D]His wife and my wife ride horses together. We board one of our horses there.
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,455 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This Smith serial number puts it 1902-1909
    [img][/img]005_zpsdquwfvr4.jpg
  • Options
    silverado224silverado224 Member Posts: 79 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My Winchester 1892 SRC 44WCF made in 1908. Probably my favorite!
  • Options
    ChuckWBIVChuckWBIV Member Posts: 351 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1BigGuy
    An FN 1900 Semiautomatic pistol is the oldest firearm in my collection.

Ever fired it?

Mine is Model 1899 Savage. Great-grandpa's.

Oldest NOT fired is Rem Model 1816, w/1855 tape conversion....