In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I never knew I could love a tape machine this much

Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
I did some trading and got a paper tape machine....this this is AWESOME!!!! It is huge, holds rolls of paper tape and you can adjust it to cut the tape however short or long you need. It wets the tape and cuts it off in neat little strips (or long ones.) I have had more fun today sealing up my boxes....which we had over THIRTY to ship out today!!!!
LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com

Comments

• jwb267jwb267 Member Posts: 19,666 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • dongizmodongizmo Member Posts: 14,477 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The brown asphalt tape? Is it electric or manual?
    Keep the knives & brushes clean, use warm water if it does not have a warmer.
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,617 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll go get a pic....its FABULOUS!!!
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    The brown asphalt tape? Is it electric or manual?
    Keep the knives & brushes clean, use warm water if it does not have a warmer.
    Don

Please do not overload her, I did that to an old girlfriend once, she found out that whip cream was good on banana splits. Don
    edited November -1
    hurry up it's about bed time[:D][:o)]
    edited November -1
    tapemachine170.jpg

tapemachine169.jpg
    edited November -1
    is the numbers for the length of the tape?
    edited November -1
    Yes....and it works like a dream. The only way I could be happier with this little thing is if it somehow dropped a piece of candy out after each bit of tape.
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Locust Fork
    Yes....and it works like a dream. The only way I could be happier with this little thing is if it somehow dropped a piece of candy out after each bit of tape.

here you go
    images.jpg
    edited November -1
    Thank you!!!
  • dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,935 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used those about twenty years ago. Now I have a midget with an afro. Gives me someone to talk to. Don
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcon12
    I used those about twenty years ago. Now I have a midget with an afro. Gives me someone to talk to. Don

I have Shelby....which is somewhat the same I would imagine. [:D]
  • IAMAHUSKERIAMAHUSKER Member Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "Candy" That's funny!!
    edited November -1
    It's a better pack machine[:D]
    I ran one of those for a couple years, (the shipping department has all electric ones now). The tape sticks better if you fill the water bottle with warm water, and like I said, keep the knives and the brushes clean, they get gummed up with the glue off the tape and can be a PITA...A can of dry lube is your friend[;)]
    Don
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.
  • grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Ever seen a machine that wraps a box and tapes it for you. Had one at the last place I worked at. They even had a machine to crumple up the paper to fill the box.

But they did do a lot of shipping or parts.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    Everyone should own a couple.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to use one of those. They are ok for small boxes, but for big boxes, a tape gun is WAY faster. Easier too. GOOD tape guns are awesome, cheap ones SUCK.

Merc
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by buschmaster
    yep, I had to use one just like that not too long ago. I was impressed. the tape sticks way better than any other packing tape I ever used. a must-have if you run a business, and I would guess they're cheap.

A new Manual is about $400 IIRC, electric is over $1000...
    Don
  • RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Where I worked we just filled the box, gave it a push and it went through a machine that folded the top *, taped them down and sent it on down the line[:)]
    edited November -1
    I am so funny when it comes to my packing. I work so hard on everything that I kind of freak out when the time comes for things to leave here. I stuff the boxes with padding....wrap everything within an inch of its life and tape the ever lovin' mess out of the box. I have been working on getting my shipping "station" how I need it. Boxes are a pain sometimes. The postal boxes work for most things, but anything bigger gets a little hairy. BIG things aren't a problem because I have boxes made that will fit long gun cases. Its things like the 30 Carbines and such that tend to not fit anything quite right.
  • andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have a couple at work almost identical, except electric. You set the dial to the number of inches you want & hit the button. That's really convenient when your other hand is trying to hold the * of a really stuffed box down. Once you get a rhythm you can wrap a lot of boxes in a fraction of the time you could using a roll of packing tape and scissors. [:D] On ours we had one loaded with the plain brown paper tape. The second one was loaded with the tape with the black glue and the fiberglass fibers. Now that is some really tough tape. It is darned near impossible to tear. With them sitting side by side you could decide just how secure the box needed to be.
    edited November -1
    So cool!!! I think its just too funny that I have come to this.

My cousin's girlfriend loves to cook. We had Thanksgiving at their house this year....she was showing me her knives that she loves and went on about loving her Kitchenaid mixer.

I know other people that can't wait to show off their toys.....but a tape machine??? I am actually sitting here thinking how fun that thing is!
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    LF,
    These are also very handy, they hold a big roll of packing tape (or two small rolls), but sit on the desk. They are heavy so they don't move. I have 4 of these at my shipping stations.

http://www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-440/Tape-Dispensers-Desktop/2-Industrial-Multi-Roll-Tape-Dispenser

Merc
    edited November -1
    Cool!!!!
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did some trading and got a paper tape machine....this this is AWESOME!!!! It is huge, holds rolls of paper tape and you can adjust it to cut the tape however short or long you need. It wets the tape and cuts it off in neat little strips (or long ones.) I have had more fun today sealing up my boxes....which we had over THIRTY to ship out today!!!!

Those are great, LF...and have been around since ancient times! Well, not quite. [:D] Enjoy!
    What's next?
  • SWAT 50SWAT 50 Member Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by cartod
    Everyone should own a couple.

Agreed, If one misbehaves, you can grab the other one by the ankles and beat him with it.

Those afros make good scrub pads, but just twist it off at the neck and throw the rest away, because it's worthless.[:)][}:)]
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dongizmo
    yep, I had to use one just like that not too long ago. I was impressed. the tape sticks way better than any other packing tape I ever used. a must-have if you run a business, and I would guess they're cheap.A new Manual is about $400 IIRC, electric is over $1000...
    Don400?!?!? no way! looks like, I'd guess, $120 at most

Check Grainger.com [;)]
    Don
  • chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one of those. I got mine from Uline. The regular tape works well on mailer quality boxes and the free boxes from USPS but not very good on the large cardboard boxes like the brown cardboard ones used for firearms. This does the trick for me on the large heavy coarse cardboard boxes.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to work with them. They are very nice. I have some tape, I use a spray bottle to wet it and cut it to fit since I don't own one.