In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

National Right to Work Act Petition

kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
edited November 2011 in General Discussion
Anybody else get one of these as an email?

http://righttoworkcommittee.org/rprtwa_petition.aspx?pid=tp5

National Right to Work Act Petition to:
My U.S. Senators and Congressman

Whereas: Federal law permits Big Labor to confiscate $8 billion from American workers' paychecks every year just to get or keep a job;

Whereas: This forced unionism breeds violent strikes and a hate-the-boss mentality which drive good jobs overseas, jack up prices and risk re-igniting inflation:

Whereas: Union bosses use this forced-dues fortune to corrupt our political system with over a billion dollars every election cycle;

Whereas: Union-puppet politicians routinely vote for higher taxes, bailouts, job-killing bureaucracy and even more porkbarrel spending keeping our nation locked in recession;

Therefore: I urge you in the strongest possible terms to strike a blow for freedom and American prosperity by co-sponsoring and casting your every vote in favor the National Right to Work Act.
What's next?

Comments

• tomahawktomahawk Member Posts: 11,826
    edited November -1
    then everyone can work till there dead for 10 bucks an hour....no thanks[:0][:(!][:(!][xx(][xx(]
  • bojangies46bojangies46 Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with Tomahawk.
  • topdadtopdad Member Posts: 3,408 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Damn the unions, do what your told and be glad we're
    letting you have this job. Now get back to work,7.50
    an hour is good enough for anybody.
  • MercuryMercury Member Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ya, right to work is GREAT............if you like making CRAP!

EVERY SINGLE RIGHT TO WORK STATE HAS LOWER WAGES THAN ELSEWHERE!

Ever notice that RICH people hate the unions? The ones that have cushy jobs already?

Also, that said, GOOD companies don't NEED unions. Treat your people well, and there is no need to unionize! Look at Google, Microsoft, Fed-Ex, etc.

Merc
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    The highest paid job I had was non union in a right to work state $22/hr. The next to lowest in the last 20 years was an union job in a union state $7.05/hr.
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    one post states [red]EVERY RIGHT TO WORK STATE HAS LOWER WAGES/red]MY QUESTION TO YOU SIR is this. How about Taxes and population growth as well as unemployment because JOBS when somewhere else.[?] There is more then one factor that needs to be measured before we can say if Unions are good or bad. sort of like saying 80% of traffic accidents happen below 45 MPH within 20 miles of your home that does not mean one shoud drive 80 MPH and only go home once a year.
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    one post states [red]EVERY RIGHT TO WORK STATE HAS LOWER WAGES/red]MY QUESTION TO YOU SIR is this. How about Taxes and population growth as well as unemployment because JOBS when somewhere else.[?] There is more then one factor that needs to be measured before we can say if Unions are good or bad. sort of like saying 80% of traffic accidents happen below 45 MPH within 20 miles of your home that does not mean one shoud drive 80 MPH and only go home once a year.

Agreed.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by torosapo
    The highest paid job I had was non union in a right to work state $22/hr. The next to lowest in the last 20 years was an union job in a union state $7.05/hr.

That's a good point, too. Things are getting better in the south, and the move of more businesses and money its way is going to keep on getting better, and better, and better. Standards of living in the north and west will continue to get worse than they are today as those in Dixie continue to rise.
    What's next?
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tomahawk
    then everyone can work till there dead for 10 bucks an hour....no thanks[:0][:(!][:(!][xx(][xx(]

I hear you loud and clear tomahawk, so get it while you can!
    What's next?
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    kimi...I am kinda tired right now and have to WORK in the morning ...trust me I will respond tomorrow
  • torosapotorosapo Member Posts: 4,946
    edited November -1
    Right now I would be happy with a $10/hr job.[:(]
  • reloader44magreloader44mag Member Posts: 18,783 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kimi

Whereas: Federal law permits Big Labor to confiscate $8 billion from American workers' paychecks every year just to get or keep a job;

Whereas: This forced unionism breeds violent strikes and a hate-the-boss mentality which drive good jobs overseas, jack up prices and risk re-igniting inflation:

Whereas: Union bosses use this forced-dues fortune to corrupt our political system with over a billion dollars every election cycle;

Whereas: Union-puppet politicians routinely vote for higher taxes, bailouts, job-killing bureaucracy and even more porkbarrel spending keeping our nation locked in recession;

Therefore: I urge you in the strongest possible terms to strike a blow for freedom and American prosperity by co-sponsoring and casting your every vote in favor the National Right to Work Act.
    I'am still trying to figure out how 8% of private sector jobs THAT ARE UNION are KILLING America....can someone help me out here?
  • dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

I'am still trying to figure out how 8% of private sector jobs THAT ARE UNION are KILLING America....can someone help me out here?

Private sector is even less than 8% - I think it's down to about 6.5%. Public sector is about 33% I think.

I've never been in a union, don't care much about them one way or the other. I do deal with one at work, they make no pretense of being helpful to their membership, it's all about the dues. An alternative is for union members to go "core member".

http://www.nrtw.org/RDA.htm
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by reloader44mag

I think politicians in both parties use the unions like they use other issues to divide and conquer the people, or stir up hate and discontent, primarily to keep the heat off of themselves.
    What's next?
  • victorlvlbvictorlvlb Member Posts: 5,004
    edited November -1
    If you look at the numbers in are labor force, the non-union side is not up to snuff. 80% non-union compared to 20% union. I bet the non-union side does'nt pay their fair share of taxes.[:D][:, stir ,stir ,stir.
  • Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good lord, lack of right to work did not send jobs over seas. Unions have a way of dealing with those who don't join in a right to work state, they just don't represent you or do the bare minimum.