In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

U.S. Army orders Riot gear by the truckloads.

Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
edited August 2012 in General Discussion

Comments

• Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    and not ONE hint to the govt that maybe citizens are fed up with corruption and politicians that wipe their greedy azzes with the Constitution
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    The requested quantities are laughably small.

The MCC Eustis - ICO West Point requires the following items, Exact Match Only, to the following:
    LI 001, Paulson Concave Riot Shield 48 inch x 24 inch x 1/8 inch #BS-3C
    FOB: Destination, 20, EA;
    LI 002, Paulson DK5-H.150 Riot Face Shield
    FOB: Destination, 20, EA;
    LI 003, Monadnock #100003 Riot Baton Polycarbonite ?Measures 36" x 1-1/4"
    FOB: Destination, 30, EA;
    LI 004, Galls Advanced Upper Body Chest Protection Item# TE316 | Mfg# ZBUBP : Size MDL
    FOB: Destination, 15, EA;
    LI 005, Galls Advanced Upper Body Chest Protection Item# TE316 | Mfg# ZBUBP : Size LXL
    FOB: Destination, 5, EA;
    LI 006, Galls Advanced Upper Body Chest Protection Item# TE316 | Mfg# ZBUBP : Size 2X
    FOB: Destination, 1, EA;

By the truckload must mean 1 small Toyo.[:I]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Night StalkerNight Stalker Member Posts: 11,967
    edited November -1
    The US Army plans for many contingencies. The fact that Military Police, who are used for many law enforcement missions when forwardly deployed, speaks volumes about the intent of the gear.

The small corps of MP's in the US Army would not be able to secure a large military installation, much less America.

Next conspiracy theory please.

NS
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The two MP Companies I was assigned to had riot gear on hand. This is nothing new and, as Mr. Perfect said, the quantities are small.
  • Options
    RosieRosie Member Posts: 14,525 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I sure as hell hope they buy EVERY thing by the truck load. Be pretty damn expensive buying 1 and 2 at a time.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    So whats new?

When I returned from Vietnam in 1969 I had 6 months remaining before ETS. We trained repeatedly for riot control at anti-war demonstrations. We staged at a local airport to deploy across the country.
  • Options
    Waco WaltzWaco Waltz Member Posts: 10,828 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh dear I had no idea it was a conspriacy theory. I thought an actual order had been placed so I have deleted my entry.

I saw the price tag and assumed it was a truckload. Since it's not then I think the real issue is tax payer rip offs.