In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

We Have Spooks

tapwatertapwater Member Posts: 10,335 ✭✭✭
edited November 2014 in General Discussion
..Wife's reading lamp just went off. Okay, turn it back on. She went back to our bedroom and the small lamps on either side of the bed were on. Turned them off.
..We ate supper, then she went to put her robe on and the bed lamps were on again. We read for a while. She headed for the bedroom and stopped midway down the hall. The bed lights were on again. Now the reading light went off. No other lights in the house have been effected and those two rooms are on separate circuits.
..Aliens? Ghosts? The Great Pumpkin? Frankly, I don't need a rational explanation. It would squash my imagination...[:D]

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    ..Wife was asleep already but I noticed light under the bedroom door. Sure enough, both those lights were on again. I came right back out here and the table lamp was off again! This is nuts!
  • Options
    NOAHNOAH Member Posts: 9,690
    edited November -1
    GET RID OF THE LAMPS AND GET NEW ONES

SEE IF THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE
  • Options
    bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Did you make it through the night?!?!
  • Options
    allen griggsallen griggs Member Posts: 35,226 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ghosts can mess with electrical things.
    We had a haunted house in Atlanta. The hallway light would go on at 3 am, but nobody was in the hallway to flip the switch!
    The little lamps by the bed would go on, or off, at any time of the day or night.
  • Options
    RustyBonesRustyBones Member Posts: 4,956
    edited November -1
    Is this a new occurrence? Unplug them and see what happens. [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside

..Just as soon as I got under the covers, the lamp just on my side of the bed flashed bright for a second and went back off, as if to say "good night". All very odd...[:0]
  • Options
    Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There ain't no such thing as 'spooks.' [:D]
    "Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Marc1301

..So you say..[:D]
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    makes a place rather interesting...and someday you may find out whooooo
  • Options
    gesshotsgesshots Member Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "My time with you is at an end, Ebenezer Scrooge Dale. Will you profit from what I've shown you of the good in most men's hearts?"

" Bear but a touch of my hand, and you will be upheld in more than this."

[;)][8D][:D]
    It's being willing. I found out early that most men, regardless of cause or need, aren't willing. They blink an eye or draw a breath before they pull the trigger. I won't. ~ J.B. Books
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    SELL THE DAMN HOUSE, QUICK [:0][:)]
  • Options
    NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Touch lamps can be freaky..
  • Options
    HandLoadHandLoad Member Posts: 15,998
    edited November -1
    Intermittent Neutral.....
  • Options
    JunkballerJunkballer Member Posts: 9,173 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Boo ! [:D]

"Never do wrong to make a friend----or to keep one".....Robert E. Lee

• Options
    CbtEngr01CbtEngr01 Member Posts: 4,340
    edited November -1
    87 octane, check.
    Throw away Zippo, check.
  • Options
    legearlegear Member Posts: 6,716
    edited November -1
    Dibs on guns and ammo should the ghost or demon spirit kill or possess you.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ..We've been laughing about it ever since. It's just odd that all this
    happened on Halloween. My neighbor and good friend lives in the old farmhouse that I grew up in. Now, he has a strange tale about my grandfather, whom neither of us ever met. At least that's who we assume he saw in the barn.....Maybe later.....gotta go.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Stay inside at night.[}:)]
  • Options
    xxx97xxx97 Member Posts: 5,721
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by dcs shooters

SELL THE DAMN HOUSE, QUICK [:0][:)]
    Whoa not til you hear from Don...patience grasshopper...
  • Options
    e3mrke3mrk Member Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I tell the Wife we have Spooks because now and then the Cat will just stare into a corner until someone breaks Her concentration.I tell the Wife She sees something We cant and She tells Me I'm nuts.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,549 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    my dogs will do that go on the alert , start staring into the next room , sometimes a low growl , .. dang dogs , when they do that I wonder what the see or herd , I guess the dang corn monkeys

quote:Originally posted by e3mrk
    I tell the Wife we have Spooks because now and then the Cat will just stare into a corner until someone breaks Her concentration.I tell the Wife She sees something We cant and She tells Me I'm nuts.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by tapwater
    quote:Originally posted by bigoutside

..Just as soon as I got under the covers, the lamp just on my side of the bed flashed bright for a second and went back off, as if to say "good night". All very odd...[:0]

..When that "good night" flash went out, My wife said "Good night Lo", referring to her late Mom whom we called Lo for Lois. That seemed to settle the matter. I have an open mind to whatever lurks in the unseen realm. You see, I was the last one that Lo tried to speak to before she passed. I neither believe nor disbelieve in spirits or the afterlife.
    ..Folks, please don't hammer me for that last sentence. I'm content in my fence riding...[:0]..[^]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BOO!!!!!!!
  • Options
    kumatekumate Member Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    we got a few here too. don't know when we letem in the county but they musta come in with the national guard
  • Options
    CaptplaidCaptplaid Member Posts: 20,296 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Captplaid
    Touch lamps?

..Yeah, I know they can do weird things but these have never acted up
    and the two rooms are on separate circuits. Even so, that little 25 watt bulb that said "good night" came through our eyelids like a flashbulb or strobe. That was the only time that just one of the pair came on. I'm not trying to convince anyone of anything.
    ..We just think it was a very cool incident, regardless of cause..[^]
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    Tapwater--I don't doubt a word you have printed. I see those who think what you say as naysayers it is obvious they have never had unexplained occurrences or things happened leaving one to decipher (analyze)the meaning or message

I suspect some won't and refuse to open their mind when something occurs rather than let it flow

I wont go any further lot more to it, it is quite interesting subject

I will probably get beat up for the above--so be it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ford 23
    Tapwater--I don't doubt a word you have printed. I see those who think what you say as naysayers it is obvious they have never had unexplained occurrences or things happened leaving one to decipher (analyze)the meaning or message

I suspect some won't and refuse to open their mind when something occurs rather than let it flow

I wont go any further lot more to it, it is quite interesting subject

I will probably get beat up for the above--so be it

..It's all cool, Ford. Going through life with an open mind is like going into a restaurant and ordering "something that sounds good". You might like what you get or not. A closed mind goes to the same restaurant every time and never varies the order. I like to think that my mind's open...[;)]
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The house I used to live in came with a deceased relative .She/he did not like it when I had overnight guests .All night long she/he would slam doors thru out the house .Also known to happen at random times when I was there by myself . Got used to it after a while. Also items would disappear only to show up later in another room .
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was just jabbin' ya Tap. I have no idea whether 'ghosts' exist or not.

All I know is I have never experienced anything that couldn't be explained as non-paranormal. Maybe you have to be receptive to have these type of things happen?
  • Options
    edited November -1

All I know is I have never experienced anything that couldn't be explained as non-paranormal. Maybe you have to be receptive to have these type of things happen?

..Heck, I realize that Marc. A complete, rational answer that is proven by traditional science would be just as welcome. Consider all the explanations for the Bermuda triangle. Most come with the disclaimer: "This could well be the answer" Okay, I'll consider that. Modern science begs for proof. No one can provide that....yet.
  • Options
    edited November -1

If you would have spent one night in our house in Atlanta, you would believe in ghosts.
    My buddy Dwight and his wife came down for a visit. I told Dwight, "Don't invoke the ghost! You will get a visitation for sure because the ghost always gets the attention of someone who is new to the house."

Dwight had to be the "macho man." He walked into the house, stood in the foyer, and said "Come on ghost, show me what you got. I am not afraid."
    Next morning at 7 Dwight and his wife packed up and left without a word, didn't even stick around for breakfast. His wife later told me that, when they were laying in bed that night, they felt cold fingers running across their arms. Plus, the bedroom light turned on, and off, 3 times.
  • Options
    anatomically correctanatomically correct Member Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ...aint't no haint gonna run me off...[:D]
  • Options
    CoolhandLukeCoolhandLuke Member Posts: 7,825 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too did not believe in ghost until the day I sailed my boat up the Chatham river to the Watson place, it's a 19th century 40 acre farm in a very remote part of the everglades, the farm was owned and operated by Edgar J Watson a fugitive from justice that by the time he got there had committed several murders and knew no lawmen would never venture to such remote place, there he farmed vegetables and sugar cane the old heavy equipment is still there, he used to hire vagrants he would pick up in Fortmayers or key west to work in the farm then he would kill them at the end of the season so many murders where committed there. during that day we explored the farm we saw a steam tractor a huge caldron for sugar syrup a huge cistern an other old farming implements, to make the story short I do not care to describe or discuss that night that we anchored our boat right in front of the Farm we saw heard an experienced things that have no logical explanation. Later in Chocolosky the nearest coastal settlement 20 miles north we spoke to the locals and they where all laughing and saying yep he who doesn't believe in ghost needs to visit The Watson place for just one night. So yes I now believe.
    We have to fight so we can run away.
    Capt. Jack Sparrow.
  • Options
    fideaufideau Member Posts: 11,893 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "You gon' be here when John gets here".
    "Man if you ain't John I'm gone!"[8D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Come on, onehandude, tell us what y'all saw and heard from your boat. I like a good ghost story.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by allen griggs
    Come on, onehandude, tell us what y'all saw and heard from your boat. I like a good ghost story.

..I'll give you the one from my neighbor that I referred to earlier. The farm where I grew up is just a quarter mile away. My paternal grandpa built the house and barn. I never knew him, as he passed several years before I was born. When that ground was divided, folks from out east bought it and are fantastic neighbors. Very grounded people.
    .."Bill" has a lot of restored farm equipment such as two cylinder John Deeres and horse drawn implements. One day, he was driving a Johnny Popper and saw an old man in the barn doorway, wearing bib overalls. The old guy cracked a slight grin, raised his hand slightly and nodded, as if to say "You're okay". Then, he dematerialized in front of Bill's eyes. Bill searched the barn, and of course no one was there.
    ..Bill was hesitant to tell me about it and asked me if any of my ancestors fit that description and wore bibs. I knew my Dad hadn't. My oldest sister remembers Gramps and said that yes, he did.
    .."Bill" is so down to earth, honest and generous, that I can't fathom him making something like that up. From what I know of Gramps, I'm pretty sure that he would approve of what Bill has done with the farm and keeping the "old days" alive.
    ..Take it at face value. I've no reason to believe that Grandpa Pete didn't pay a visit.
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,258 ******
    edited November -1
    When I was a kid, there was something around our place that would move things and then move them back. Apparently, my dad never experienced any of it, because he was shocked when I told him.[:I]
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

You haven't ever been to Atlanta have you?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

You haven't ever been to Atlanta have you?

..You know, I was going to add Detroit or Chicago's south side, but we don't want this going the wrong way, do we?...[;)]