In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Confiscation,..............

Marc1301Marc1301 Member Posts: 31,897 ✭✭✭
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
A number of members are saying it's coming. Personally, I don't see it at this time.

Assuming I end up being wrong, how many of you nice folks plan on handing them over willingly? Start the roll call here,.............
"Beam me up Scotty, there's no intelligent life down here." - William Shatner

Comments

• Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    200w.gif
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    IdahoboundIdahobound Member Posts: 20,584 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe in California.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh if I had anything to turn in, I would absolutely turn them in.

But I don't, so I won't
  • Options
    chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" Thomas Jefferson in a letter to a British diplomat around 230 years ago.
  • Options
    WranglerWrangler Member Posts: 5,788
    edited November -1
    My guns were stolen when my house got burglarized.
  • Options
    pulsarncpulsarnc Member Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    recently had a very bad boating accident
    cry Havoc and let slip  the dogs of war..... 
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    I'll drop mine off in the middle of CHICAGO before I give them up to confiscation.
  • Options
    4205raymond4205raymond Member Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A number of members were suffering from severely wadded panties a couple of weeks ago when Trump suggested amnesty for 1.8 million illegals DacaCaca.

When does that happen? Why does it have the timeline it does right now?

A careful thought through those questions might do a bit of calming.
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sold mine on GB during one of the past scares a few years back. Doubled my money .
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc there is already confiscation occurring in some states under their mental health and protective order statutes. I think you will see individual confiscation increase. As they incorporate new mental health laws the threshold for determining someone is mentally defective will be lowered inorder to increase firearms confiscation. I doubt you will see any mass confiscation, but they will target firearms owners one at a time. And each firearms owner that resists that force with force will be a poster boy for reinforcing that gun owners are paranoid and violent. It will become a self fulling justification for more confiscation. Several states have developed firearms confiscations with little to no due process.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Regardless of whether or not its happening. Its a complex process from a enforcement view. With what we have seen recently with certain failures. Confiscation would be a labor intensive program with much pushback and legal roI want fees to go ups.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wpageabc
    Regardless of whether or not its happening. Its a complex process from a enforcement view. With what we have seen recently with certain failures. Confiscation would be a labor intensive program with much pushback and legal roI want fees to go ups.

What the government has learned is that they have deep pockets, and can draw out any court proceeding as long as they want. So if they seize the average man's guns, the average man would never be able to afford the legal fees in order to fight the seizure process to get them back. The feds have put large businesses out of business in this fashion. So I would not depend on legal process to help the common man.
  • Options
    Sig220_Ruger77Sig220_Ruger77 Member Posts: 12,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by shilowar

What the government has learned is that they have deep pockets, and can draw out any court proceeding as long as they want. So if they seize the average man's guns, the average man would never be able to afford the legal fees in order to fight the seizure process to get them back. The feds have put large businesses out of business in this fashion. So I would not depend on legal process to help the common man.

Scary thought, but good point.

Jon
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    Oh if I had anything to turn in, I would absolutely turn them in.

But I don't, so I won't
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,489 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1

This is what our President means by ?Take the guns first, have due process later?.

It would be fitting if Gorsuch casts the deciding vote against this crap.
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    I say cut the due Process time so if needed at least a persons rights are upheld.
  • Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by GreatGuns
    Interesting to consider we had a Democrat POTUS in office for two terms and he never touched gun rights, gun control, messing with the 2nd Amendment, nothing. All the bogus hype was created in the minds of loud mouthed idiots, plain and simple.

Now our wonderful Republican POTUS that's been in office a single year and is already showing his true colors with gun rights, gun control, and messing with the 2nd Amendment. He will be a historic POTUS, the one that disarms America. Great choice folks, even better than Nixon. [;)]

Wait. Aren't the "Grown-ups in charge", now?

I seem to remember having read that on this board, somewhere.

I can't remember who said it. But he seemed real excited about it...
  • Options
    spasmcreekspasmcreek Member Posts: 37,724 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    looking more like he is a trojan horse prez....
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,309 ******
    edited November -1
    It never ceases to amaze me how much libs are willing to put others in harm's way to accomplish their agenda. And these same folks think that law enforcement officers are just chomping at the bit for this. [:D][:D]

Molon labe!
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ....never happen....
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yep. End times for sure.

Trump told DiFi to put her AWB in the new bill and she wet herself with glee.

The last time she got a vote on her AWB, 15 D's voted against it.

This is an election year.

Anyone? Anyone? Beuler?
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Marc there is already confiscation occurring in some states under their mental health and protective order statutes. I think you will see individual confiscation increase. As they incorporate new mental health laws the threshold for determining someone is mentally defective will be lowered inorder to increase firearms confiscation. I doubt you will see any mass confiscation, but they will target firearms owners one at a time. And each firearms owner that resists that force with force will be a poster boy for reinforcing that gun owners are paranoid and violent. It will become a self fulling justification for more confiscation. Several states have developed firearms confiscations with little to no due process.

Catch 22,,, If you want to own a gun you're mentally ill, If you're mentally ill you can't own a gun.[:D]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    There will NOT be a confiscation. There is the 2nd amendment.

If you're mentally ill,, ooops,, you'll get your gun(s) removed so you can't hurt yourself or others.

The Florida shooter was not only mentally ill he,
    Threatened people (assault)
    Held a gun to someone's head.(assault)
    Murdered and mutilated animals.(sick, and a crime)

NO ONE filed charges,, so what do we do,, I KNOW,, wait till he kills someone or a lot of someones.

This is what I'd envision Trump was talking about,, take his guns, don't need to worry about 5th amendment,, he's was a sick criminal. Get the paper work done tomorrow.

Anyone here disagree with this example.?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And the chess moves begin...

http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/03/01/dem-rep-esty-gun-violence-restraining-orders-really-important-but-its-wrong-not-to-have-due-process/

A demoRat out defending due process.

Huh, I wonder if you could have a conversation about just what that means?

Now that a demoRat is suggesting it is necessary and all...