In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Backyard invasion?

llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2015 in General Discussion
For the last week I have seen a doe and a super cute speckled fawn around my rural home. They are not afraid of me or the dog(she is tethered) but you let out my shop cat a white Maine * cross breed and they run like stupid. How much meat is on a fawn? They also like to play in the road.

Comments

• wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like venison on the table come hunting season...
  • asopasop Member Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Auh now, that could be Bambi[:0]
  • llama girlllama girl Member Posts: 605 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These things are so stupid you can get them with a ball bat.
  • likemhotlikemhot Member Posts: 2,869 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Long story short, I was pulling into our drive at the cabin last week and spooked a doe and her fawn. I stopped and let the truck sit and idle while I kept watch. Yep the fawn still in spots came up from out of the woods and sniffed the headlights. Damn, if my arms were just a little longer. I hear they taste like veal [:p]
  • woodshed87woodshed87 Member Posts: 25,785
    edited November -1
  • Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife is ready to take a ball bat to the ones around our house. They've eaten all her flowers, picked her plants down to nubs and picked off her tomatoes when they were small. They've even come upon the porch and eaten flowers and plants out of pots. They run though people's yards like dogs around here. I was mowing the lawn last week and I looked around and there was two of them standing there looking at me like I was disturbing them.
  • GuvamintCheeseGuvamintCheese Member Posts: 38,932
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by llama girl
    These things are so stupid you can get them with a ball bat.
    [8D]
  • shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag
    My wife is ready to take a ball bat to the ones around our house. They've eaten all her flowers, picked her plants down to nubs and picked off her tomatoes when they were small. They've even come upon the porch and eaten flowers and plants out of pots. They run though people's yards like dogs around here. I was mowing the lawn last week and I looked around and there was two of them standing there looking at me like I was disturbing them.

I had to fence in my Hydrangeas this year so that they wouldn't eat them to the ground. Hoping to get atleast one bloom out of them this year.
  • chiefrchiefr Member Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Smitty500mag

Same problem here, wife is livid. Best solution I have found id a pellet gun.
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by likemhot
    Long story short, I was pulling into our drive at the cabin last week and spooked a doe and her fawn. I stopped and let the truck sit and idle while I kept watch. Yep the fawn still in spots came up from out of the woods and sniffed the headlights. Damn, if my arms were just a little longer. I hear they taste like veal [:p]

Everyone knows that things that unknown foods all taste like one thing.

Chicken. [;)]