In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Halloween's been fun

NighthawkNighthawk Member Posts: 12,022 ✭✭✭
edited October 2014 in General Discussion
We are having so many cute little kids. I've seen everything from little princess's to walking dead costumes. I love to watch my wife hand out candy to the kids. For us that's all its about, no evil and no witchcraft.(All though I've seen a couple of witch's running around)So far its has been a safe event here, hope it stays that way here and every where.

Comments

• searcher5searcher5 Member Posts: 13,511
    edited November -1
    Hitting about 50 here, so far. Candy is getting thin. Best ones so far, was an older brother in camo, and his little brother dressed as a deer, complete with real antlers!
    edited November -1
    Ok, a fuzzy two-foot tall unicorn is threatening the deer/deer hunter for best!
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Weather is cold and rainy here, not many kids out. Bummer
  • ltcdotyltcdoty Member Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Last year just a trickle...tonight, about two hundred kids....I wonder where they parked the bus?
    edited November -1
    Been a fun evening. Candy is running low, but still plugging along, after I raided the reserves, Had a cute deer hunter/deer (with real antlers), a two foot tall fuzzy unicorn, but I believe I have an overall winner. Little kid in Carhartts. Nothing fancy. Give him some candy. He says, "Remember me? You fixed my deer rifle. Thank you again" Then I remembered. I did fix his rifle. And I didn't charge his mom a dime. And, the feeling from those few words of gratitude, from this child, were worth more to me than all of the money from all of the work I"ve done all year.

It's been a good night.
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    Snowing.

I'm certain we had 175 before I switched to the "backup" candy.

But the wind picked up and I started handing out the backups in 2s and 3s.

Another 100? Certainly. Maybe another 150.

So 275 - 325 for the evening. And some beer for the parents.

Slow Halloween. But tons of fun!!

Only one Elsa. One Rapunsel.

Lots of ninjas ( but they were invisible... So it's tough to count them).

A couple of iron men.

An AWESOME jelly fish made of a bubble umbrella LEDs and chiffon. It was stunning!!

Again, tons of fun!
  • bigoutsidebigoutside Member Posts: 19,443
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    Been a fun evening. Candy is running low, but still plugging along, after I raided the reserves, Had a cute deer hunter/deer (with real antlers), a two foot tall fuzzy unicorn, but I believe I have an overall winner. Little kid in Carhartts. Nothing fancy. Give him some candy. He says, "Remember me? You fixed my deer rifle. Thank you again" Then I remembered. I did fix his rifle. And I didn't charge his mom a dime. And, the feeling from those few words of gratitude, from this child, were worth more to me than all of the money from all of the work I"ve done all year.

It's been a good night.

Winner!!
  • mauser98mauser98 Member Posts: 137 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    We had maybe a couple of hundred trick or treaters come through between 6pm to 9pm, the younger were mostly mexicans. What i did notice was it was more older kids, 11 12 to older teens and some college age. i informed the older teens and young 20 somethings that they were kinda old for trick or treating that got snide remarks. most of the teens didnt even have costumes and just used back packs. Halloween sure has changed alot from time in the 70's.
  • William81William81 Member Posts: 24,585 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    321 kids tonight....It was a fun time. My wife is at out Missouri place so I was holding down the fort by myself. There is about an inch in the bottom of the candy bowl so I just made it.....

My wife said we had three kids at the farm....
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by searcher5
    Hitting about 50 here, so far. Candy is getting thin. Best ones so far, was an older brother in camo, and his little brother dressed as a deer, complete with real antlers!

[:)][:)][:)][:)]Love it. We got three kids and that is it. Had a whole family dressed as minions what ever that is.[:o)] PS, wife is pissed because I keep knocking on the door and then taking a piece of candy.[:D] She got me almond joy and reeses peanut butter cups [;)] Good wife.
  • OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She asked me what I was suppose to be, I told her a welfare precipitant from Camden. She said i forgot the afro[:D]
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We have not had any kids on the block yet, and half the houses or more have no lights on. That and the cool weather with a bit of light, intermittent rain might keep most of them at home, especially the little ones with their parents. Bummer. Our next door neighbor's grandkids will likely get two or three large bags of candy tomorrow!
    What's next?
  • CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Nary a one here. (except for my daughters pranking me like Oakie pulled on his wife.) We normally have 50-100 but it is nasty cold and spitting rain with flurries expected after midnight into midmorning. How about all that Global Warming... ?
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We went into friends house in town to pass out candy.

But the best was wearing vampire fangs into the dentist's office for a cleaning this morning!
  • kimikimi Member Posts: 44,723 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Things picked up a bit! Around twenty kids or so. We might get a few more, but not many.
    What's next?
  • montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,892 ******
    edited November -1
    First year in the new house/neighborhood. 75-100 kids easy. Lots of Mom & Dads out with the kids. The bigger kids looking out for the little tikes. ALL the kids were very polite,with thank you's and smiles. There was no pushing or shoving. Very impressed with my neighbors. A great time.

And Dan/Searcher,,, OUTSTANDING my Friend!!!!!![^][^][^][^][^][^][^]
  • Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We got one. First one in three years. Cute little girl dressed up as some Power Ranger sort of thing. I gave her a handful of candy, and sent her on her way.

On a sad note, a couple of boys got hit by a car over by my sister's place, so prayers for the little guys please.