In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Contributions to Political Campaigns

reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
Please forgive if this is too personal of a question, but I'm really curious. Does anyone here actually contribute to presidential campaigns? I'm 64 years old and until this year I've never really felt compelled to contribute to a candidate.

With that said, I find this year's election to be most critically important of my lifetime. I'm not totally thrilled with Trump, but I did vote for him in the primary and will do the same in November. I find the prospect of a Hillary Clinton presidency so appalling and intolerable that I have contributed to Trump twice thus far....not a lot, as I am not wealthy, but a few hundred Dollars.

How do you feel about contributing?

Comments

• Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am much more inclined to contribute to a local cause versus a political campaign although I did contribute to SAS and NRA
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    pwilliepwillie Member Posts: 20,253 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I quit in 2012.....the reelection of Bonzo skewered it for me...[xx(]
  • Options
    cranky2cranky2 Member Posts: 3,236 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have in the past and may again.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Love to see Trump get in...

On his own dime.[:)]
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,483 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by us55840
    I have never and will never contribute to any political campaign.
    Yep same here. Coolhandluke said he sent 500 bucks to Trump. Can you believe that crap?
  • Options
    casper1947casper1947 Member Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did contribute to A candidate during the primaries. And will again for reelection.
  • Options
    fullcaseloadfullcaseload Member Posts: 224 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My discretionary fund won't allow but meager donations. Once the parties have a candidate they will throw money but sometimes not enough nor exactly where it's needed. The liberal media will front liberal candidates a lot of free time and not give the conservatives even a mention. Political advertising runs up a large amount quickly. If I think a few of my dollars will help my candidate get the truth out and known I'll throw what I can when I can.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do contribute some years. Local, state, or national if I think it's needed. I'm not rich so it isn't much. I sent Trump a Benjamin.
  • Options
    Dads3040Dads3040 Member Posts: 13,552 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I contribute, and I volunteer to help candidates I support.

I am always amazed at the people who do neither...and then * that the guys they support never win.

No poop, Sherlock.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I gave $25.00 to the Cruz campaign...that is the first time, likely the last.
  • Options
    Don McManusDon McManus Member Posts: 23,512 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have and will again. If you don't support that in which you believe, what is the point of believing?
    Freedom and a submissive populace cannot co-exist.

Brad Steele
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Don McManus
    I have and will again. If you don't support that in which you believe, what is the point of believing?

Well said
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NRA -ILA-PVF + Trump got a check
    IMO this election is about our firearms and rights NOT being taken away by the knutabeast [clinton ] staffing the Supreme Court with her libturd clowns.

PERIOD