In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

tv and the spouse..

toad67toad67 Member Posts: 13,019 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
Is there a show that your other half loves to watch but you can't stand?? For me it's when the wife watches Seinfeld....can't stand the show[V]

Comments

• Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kicked the ex gf out nearly four years ago.[:D]
    I watch what I damn well please.[^]
    Go fishing or hunting when I damn well please.[^]
    A quick ride to the grocery store for a couple things turned into 13 Hours. Didn't hear one peep of complaint when I got home.[:p][^]
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes...Friends...House Wives of Orange Co/NY/Dallas...What not to wear...the cooking shows I can tolerate...luckily she records them and watches them in the morning when we are getting ready for work. It grates on my soul when I hear those women on the TV getting screechy with each other.
  • Options
    Aztngundoc22Aztngundoc22 Member Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK :

yep ::: thats one reason we have so Many T.V.s in the house !

I can always go into the setting room ( my man cave ) ::::::

Thanks !!!
    The more people I meet : The more I like my Dog :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I Grew Old Too Fast (And Smart Too damn Slow !!!) !!! :o :?
  • Options
    Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I watch TV in another room. We have 0 TV shows we watch together. She doesn't like my stuff and I hate her favorite shows.
    RLTW

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She watches - and I am not a fan of

Hoarders

Intervention

Face off

But she did introduce me to - and I enjoy:

Dr. Pol

Mike
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I Don't "hate" it, but I sometimes find every tv in the house (3) turned to The Filipino Channel [B)]
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The friggen Kardasians. Most everything else I can live with. I'm 50-50 on all the Project Runway series.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    Any of the verious "house wives of ....." shows. Vanderpump rules, what's that late show with Andy cohen? She gets agrivated when I start with that $@7/?ing b$@?> would look right nice with a extra hole in her head. Or say they look like a 2 dollar whore.

Then she gets aggravate at me when I put ear buds in, start watching something on
    YouTube and can't hear her talking to me.
  • Options
    sharpshooter039sharpshooter039 Member Posts: 5,897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The entire Hallmark channel
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an ex-wife that one year (two months after we got married and she moved into my place) decided she wanted both of us to lay in bed and watch a I Love Lucy reruns marathon on Super Bowl Sunday

I told her she could do that, while I went downstairs and watch the Super Bowl on the TV we had down there.

Next thing I know she stomped downstairs stark naked, picked up an antique ashtray and threw it through the screen of the TV set. And said that I was going to go back to bed and lay down with her and watch I Love Lucy. I said "ohreally?" And she screamed, "NOW MISTER"

I grabbed my keys, walked out to my Range Rover (her following me and screaming at me Stark naked the whole way), drove over to a motel, rented a motel room and watched the Super Bowl.

I knew she had a very important meeting the following day so I went homed ,packedup all her s*** and threw it out on the front lawn. Then I called the cops and told them when my wife was supposed to be home and that I would like to have a police officer there to make sure the situation didn't turn out violent

She showed up after work and the cops were there with all her stuff out side, and picked up something in through through the window. The police officers arrested her.

I called her dad and told him that she was in jail, and all her stuff was sitting out in front of my house if you wanted to come pick it up before somebody pick through it. Which he did

It took me four years to get divorced from that b****
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******
    edited November -1
    Man caves were invented by WOMEN!! [:0] That is all.
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Survivor and The Amazing Race
    Grouch Attack has programmed the parental lock thing and won't give me the password. Now, she can "auto-tune" to any show she wants. I'll be watching a movie(after she goes to bed) and the darned TV will switch to some stupid show that takes me 5 minutes to fumble my way back to my movie.
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    Man caves were invented by WOMEN!! [:0] That is all.

Why I have 3 on the property.
    Garage -basement- toyhauler
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by remingtonoaks
    I have an ex-wife that one year (two months after we got married and she moved into my place) decided she wanted both of us to lay in bed and watch a I Love Lucy reruns marathon on Super Bowl Sunday

I told her she could do that, while I went downstairs and watch the Super Bowl on the TV we had down there.

Next thing I know she stomped downstairs stark naked, picked up an antique ashtray and threw it through the screen of the TV set. And said that I was going to go back to bed and lay down with her and watch I Love Lucy. I said "ohreally?" And she screamed, "NOW MISTER"

I grabbed my keys, walked out to my Range Rover (her following me and screaming at me Stark naked the whole way), drove over to a motel, rented a motel room and watched the Super Bowl.

I knew she had a very important meeting the following day so I went homed ,packedup all her s*** and threw it out on the front lawn. Then I called the cops and told them when my wife was supposed to be home and that I would like to have a police officer there to make sure the situation didn't turn out violent

She showed up after work and the cops were there with all her stuff out side, and picked up something in through through the window. The police officers arrested her.

I called her dad and told him that she was in jail, and all her stuff was sitting out in front of my house if you wanted to come pick it up before somebody pick through it. Which he did

WOW
  • Options
    chollagardenschollagardens Member Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Not my wife.....the kids. I hate the Barney TV show. [:D]Kids are grown, I don't think they show that show any more and I moved where there is no TV reception.[:D]
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    my wife loves the outdoor channel. that and live PD. I like both. so no problems.
  • Options
    204targetman204targetman Member Posts: 3,493
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by danielgage

WOW

Double WOW.....and I thought my ex was crazy
  • Options
    retroxler58retroxler58 Member Posts: 32,693 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have an ex... So I don't have any clue.

But, the wife rarely watches TV... I watch the news at the end of the day to relax and poke fun at the idiocy of it all.

Instead, I'll watch DVD or Blue-Ray on the screen when we have a couple of hours to kill.

Saturdays, I'll watch some of the interesting wood working shows, etc. That's about it.

The recent effort of CBS to get Star Trek fans to PAY to watch TV is absurd. IMO... And from what I've read by other ST fans... This will kill their market share.

If there's a TV show that I happen upon that I'd like to watch, I'll buy the DVD after the fact.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 204targetman
    quote:Originally posted by danielgage

WOW

Double WOW.....and I thought my ex was crazy

Make that a triple......[:0]
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    She can watch anything she wants. I got puter with GunBroker on it. [;)][;)][;)]
  • Options
    droptopdroptop Member Posts: 8,367 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cable costs $10 per month and wasn't worth that much to me. Cancelled the cable in May. Don't miss it, not even a little.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by droptop
    Cable costs $10 per month and wasn't worth that much to me. Cancelled the cable in May. Don't miss it, not even a little.

I think that you missed a number in that monthly fee....[;)]
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seinfeld I can handle, The Hallmark & Lifetime Drama movies are out.
  • Options
    CubsloverCubslover Member Posts: 18,601 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Batchelor
    Say Yes to the Dress
    Big Brother

to name a few

BUT, she doesn't make me watch them. She'll watch them while I'm gone to work.
    Half of the lives they tell about me aren't true.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    holy bat poop . that has to to be the story of the week
    move over Kasey your trailer story has been topped [:0] [:D][:D][:D]

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We do make an effort to sit down and watch TV together 2 or 3 times a week...

I do fondly remember before cable TV and cell phones the family sitting together in the living room watching the television...

No remote control - big console model tube model with the on the roof antenna that were once omnipresent and ubiquitous...

Uhf and vhf - limited channels - reception issues - affects of weather - turning on the device and getting that horizontal line and hearing a pop before the picture appeared

It's ironic that watching TV together has for us at least become a shared quiet "family" event were we spend time together

Mike
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    wife and I have become to busy to do much tv watching just fell behind on projects and she stared working full time so goes to bed early
    but we liked to and hope to soon again, we would pick out a good movie or two ( use to be the movie rental place but became net flix or the other monthy similar starts with V ? ) we would turn down the lights a bowl of pop corn and just relax like going to the movies with out the people .
    however with 5 dogs it got a lot tougher but pause and intermission become the norm [:0]
    If any thing I watch shows she does not like , for the most part we do share the same taste in shows
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Next thing I know she stomped downstairs stark naked, picked up an antique ashtray and threw it through the screen of the TV set. And said that I was going to go back to bed and lay down with her and watch I Love Lucy. I said "oh really?" And she screamed, "NOW MISTER"

Have you figured out yet that this had nothing to do about TV ? [xx(]
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,346 ******
    edited November -1
    Like you Ditch-Runner, my wife and I have become spoiled, having a big screen TV and access to all of our favorite movies!

Having the ability to pause and fix snacks or take a break during one of the long 3 hour flics has become engrained to the point that going to a movie theater is not even in our mindset anymore. Nope, not for a very long time.

Also IMO, the movies that come out these days are all pretty lame. Maybe once in a blue moon something that I would watch may hit the market but it is becoming a rarity.

There are of coarse several "Chick Flics" that I do not care to watch and my Mrs. could live without a lot of action\war movies I like but we have pretty much put up with each others differences for over 4 decades.

She did get me hooked on one of her fave's and I admit to liking the first movie of a series of 3 so far....."Bridget Jones Diary" [:0]
  • Options
    mjrfd99mjrfd99 Member Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I know all the words to Spongebob Squarepants Guess who I watch some TV with weekdays at 5 Grandkids rock!!SlWPY7Vm.jpg