In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Some of the SHOT Vendors may want to

Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,275 ******
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
... be a bit more careful as to who they have repping them. This * should never have been allowed in the door.

https://www.glamour.com/gallery/we-asked-real-women-at-the-worlds-biggest-gun-show-why-do-you-own-a-gun

MH9kRkCl.jpg

Rochelle, 28

Why do you have a gun?
I was originally given a gun as a gift. I went out shooting once, and I happened to be naturally good at it. I was 20 at the time. I?ve done sporadic competitive shooting. I have a lot more fun with it?I?m in it more for fun than competing.

What do you say to people who question the value of a private citizen owning a gun?
I think that if there were less guns, there would be less shootings, period. If the government came in and decided to take the guns away, I wouldn?t be mad about it. I think it?s important to be able to feel safe in your home, but you don?t need more than three guns. You don?t need to own a semiautomatic weapon or a silencer.

When mass shootings or school shootings happen?like the one this week?does it ever make you rethink your position?
Going to the Second Amendment, I don?t think they had AK-47s and everything else in mind [when they imagined] the right to bear arms and protecting yourself. At SHOT show, you can kind of see how much it?s evolved into thousands and thousands of people dumping millions and millions of dollars into the industry?. I guess I?d say it?s almost unfortunate people think that they need so much.
Some will die in hot pursuit
And fiery auto crashes
While sifting through my ashes
Some will fall in love with life
And drink it from a fountain
That is pouring like an avalanche
Coming down the mountain

Comments

• Options
    dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she worked for me she would be looking for a job.[V][V]
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    Wonder if she's an NRA member?
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Horse Plains Drifter
    Wonder if she's an NRA member?

Future NRA board member.[xx(]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BY6tPXul.jpg
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Here was Taran Tactical's response to my inquiry on the matter:

quote:We were surprised to see an article recently published in a beauty magazine quoting a promotional model and friend of our company, Rochelle Hathaway, who made certain impromptu statements to a reporter during Shot Show.

We were unaware of the interview and we did not condone the interview or the statements made by Rochelle. Rochelle has never been authorized to speak on behalf of our company or its founder, Taran Butler. As of today, we have cut all professional ties with Rochelle. While we respect everyone?s right to free speech, Rochelle?s statements were inappropriate and do not represent our company?s vision and beliefs. We have and will always support Second Amendment rights, and we will continue to educate and promote the safe, legal ownership and handling of firearms.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    Horse Plains DrifterHorse Plains Drifter Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 39,358 ***** Forums Admin
    edited November -1
    quote:promotional model and friend of our companyDoes this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    scrumpyjackscrumpyjack Member Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:promotional model and friend of our companyDoes this mean we're not friends anymore?

They simply "un-friended" her on FB.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by scrumpyjack

They simply "un-friended" her on FB.
    Apparently, I think they intend to remain friends (no idea about Facebook status, actually) just not doing business together.
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    CaptFunCaptFun Member Posts: 16,678 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We clearly tell the models in our booth as well as the employees there are only 2 people authorized to talk to the media. And In general I don't talk to the media so you better find the other guy....
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    What a dumb *, if guns were illegal and the Gubermint took them all away then Chicago would annex the country! [:0]
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    guntech59guntech59 Member Posts: 23,187 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    She is a Fudd.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CaptFun
    We clearly tell the models in our booth as well as the employees there are only 2 people authorized to talk to the media. And In general I don't talk to the media so you better find the other guy....
    just exactly how did Glamour magazine get in there?
    And fiery auto crashes
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    35 Whelen35 Whelen Member Posts: 14,310 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    mp2j8.gif
    An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    horse face and brain dead
  • Options
    mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Appears Rochelle already has a job as a Flight Attendant.

Me thinks someone from the company is banging Rochelle and that's why she was there as a Rep.