In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Pistol Grip and Stock for Maverick 88

happygun2happygun2 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited August 2017 in General Discussion
I purchased the ATI Strikeforce Side-Folding Shotgun Stock but because of the width of the pistol grip and the Side-Folding hinge my wife is unable push the Action Release on the 12 gauge Maverick 88 Shotgun with her thumb. I would like to have a stock with a pistol handle but I want my wife to be able to press the hinge with her thumb. Any suggestions?

Comments

• wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If she can't push the "Hinge", are you sure she will be able to handle the recoil that the pistol grip is going to give?
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    He's talking about the action release.
  • happygun2happygun2 Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash
    If she can't push the "Hinge", are you sure she will be able to handle the recoil that the pistol grip is going to give?

Yes she is able to push the Action Release by turning it on the side and then she is able to handle the recoil. I believe that it is just that her thumb is short. She is 5' 8" and large and in charge.
  • dunbarboyzdunbarboyz Member Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The tang safety doesn't work with the pistol grip anyway.
  • wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by happygun2
    quote:Originally posted by wiplash

Yes she is able to push the Action Release by turning it on the side and then she is able to handle the recoil. I believe that it is just that her thumb is short. She is 5' 8" and large and in charge.

I'm not familiar with the ATI stock but with the Mossburgs, I always use my index finger to press the release.

It is a little tough pressing it on pistol gripped ones, so maybe this is the same situation and may help.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think the 88 has a tang safety. quote:Originally posted by dunbarboyz
    The tang safety doesn't work with the pistol grip anyway.
  • 1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I dont think everyone is on the same page here

i assume you are asking about the action release/action lock lever on the left side of the gun, not the safety ?

they do make an extended one for this purpose

{watch the video}
    http://www.shotenarmory.com/products-and-pricing.php

i use my index finger myself

welcome to the forum
  • yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 20,983 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I vote for his and her shotguns. Do up the Maverick (let me pause here while laughter subsides [:D]) as you wish. Get one that everything fits for her.

I thought Mavericks had the safety in the trigger frame?
  • mnrivrat48mnrivrat48 Member Posts: 1,711 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:I thought Mavericks had the safety in the trigger frame?

I believe you are correct. The trigger group in the video is from a Mossberg 500 .

It's been a few years for me since I stopped doing light gunsmithing, but I also think that I had a way of removing the action lock bar without tearing the whole assembly apart ? (just can't recall at this moment) [:(]