In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ice Tea

Sam06Sam06 Member Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭
edited June 2018 in General Discussion
My wife got one of those Mr Coffee Ice tea makers for $18. She had a bunch of coupons for the tea bags that make sweet tea.

Man that thing makes some good ice tea!

We used to make sun tea but this tea maker kicks *.
RLTW

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    LOVE sweet iced tea!!

Have a gallon of Maynards sweet, lemon iced tea in the fridge. My Mom makes old school (brewed) sweet tea, always has some on hand when I stop by. I have several large packages of Lipton tea bags, never get around to using them. I should. Brewed tea is so much better.

One of God's gifts.
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I do like them counter top or sun teas.

Say anyone else reuse the bags in hot water to get a second brew? I mean I don't think the room temp water or the sun get all of it out. The second pass isn't like counter top or sun tea by being bitter.
  • Options
    Chief ShawayChief Shaway Member, Moderator Posts: 6,196 ******
    edited November -1
    I use a half gallon Gatorade jug.
    1/2 cup sugar, then hot tap water.
    Generic full sized tea bags.
    Not a fan of Lipton tea.
    It works for me.
    There for a while I went with no sugar but, I kind of like the sweet tea now.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******
    edited November -1
    Always been an unsweetened tea drinker. Once bought an iced tea at a McDonalds drive through. Ordered unsweetened.

I about crashed my car a mile down the road when the first sip flooded my taste buds with sugar!![:0] It was like getting hit with high voltage!

IMO, McD's unsweetened ice tea is good. Burger King unsweetened ice tea is bilge water!