In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Experts say 2017-2018 flu season could be severe

serfserf Member Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in General Discussion
It's that time to roll the dice and get a Flu shot. The Special Dying moon is coming this season![;)] Oct5

serf

https://www.bcm.edu/news/infectious-diseases/experts-say-2017-flu-season-could-be-severe

If last year?s active flu season and this year?s severe season in the Southern Hemisphere is any indication of what flu season will look like across the country beginning this fall, then it?s important to get vaccinated soon against influenza, according to an expert at Baylor College of Medicine.

Comments

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Uuuuhhhhhmmmmmmnnnnn,.....................,..........."They," say that EVERY year.

It must be a "Conspiracy," generated by IA.

Perhaps Cloud Seeding is behind the root of it all. [}:)]

Where (?) Is my Tin Foil Helmet??

Screw the hat, it's Helmet time. [:0][:D]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    This coming Friday will go in and get mine. Since my By-pass I've gotten it every year. Have not really been sick either.

PS I was one of the ones they Experimented on for the 1st year.

The live Vaccine, was as sick as I have ever been. Got out of the ones after that by Faking that I had a cold. So the Corpsman would not give me the shot. They must have thought I was one sickly Individual.

Year after my By-pass 2006 the VA almost forced me to take the shot so I gave in and have gotten it every year since. Only thing I get now is a very sore arm for a couple of days.
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My wife and I will get ours, as we do every year, but we wait a little longer.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

And THAT, answers SO MANY questions, we have all had about you. [:0][:D][}:)]

Did the "Grey's," probe you against your will?

C'mon you can tell us. We will not judge you.

Consider this your "Safe Place."
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    EVERY year we are going to be wiped out according to people who know government grants. I have NEVER taken one and never will. Keep hands clean and don't be around ignorant people who are spreading it.
  • Options
    riflemikeriflemike Member Posts: 10,599
    edited November -1
    i will get mine ,the rest do what the hell you want
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    A pandemic will occur again folks Find a copy of FLU about the 1918 influenza outbreak that killed millions. I plan of surviving.

Got my flu and new pneumonia shot last week. Walmart had it before my doc did so I just carried him the lot data to put in my record.
  • Options
    Ford 23Ford 23 Member Posts: 3,129
    edited November -1
    I go to VA this coming week for routine check up will have shot same time. I have taken them for extended time through the VA have never had any problems or the flu
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We get it offered by our employer. last year was my first time getting it, I think I will again this year.
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 58,001 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    Uuuuhhhhhmmmmmmnnnnn,.....................,..........."They," say that EVERY year.

It must be a "Conspiracy," generated by IA.

Perhaps Cloud Seeding is behind the root of it all. [}:)]

Where (?) Is my Tin Foil Helmet??

Screw the hat, it's Helmet time. [:0][:D]
    +1,,
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first time I got a flu shot was back in the 70s and there were people dying from the shot that year. The next time I was talked into giving it a try was in the mid 90s and I caught the worse case of flu I've ever had that year. No more shots for me.

Now that we're retired my wife and I are like bears we hibernate during flu season. We don't eat out and we stay away from crowds. It's worked for us the past 2 winters and hopefully we'll fare as well this year.
  • Options
    jimdeerejimdeere Member, Moderator Posts: 25,653 ******
    edited November -1
    I drive a school bus, so...yeah.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 84Bravo1
    quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

And THAT, answers SO MANY questions, we have all had about you. [:0][:D][}:)]

Did the "Grey's," probe you against your will?

C'mon you can tell us. We will not judge you.

Consider this your "Safe Place."

I worked at the Chow Hall for the Brig at Camp Pendelton. They dosed the Inmates and since we were there us too. Almost had to shut that chow hall down so many of us were sick.
  • Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My suggestion- Go to bed at 8:30pm before, you do In a large "covfefe cup"[:D] Coffee, Brandy, kalua, and peppermint schnapps. Drink it down,SLEEP!!!!! Call in sick the next day and sleep.
    Works everytime.[:D]
  • Options
    notnownotnow Member Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm a mail carrier and I handle everybody's spitty mail so i'm going to get the flu. And I have. So I get the flu shot. I prefer a tri-valent shot, but bi-valent is sometimes all my Dr. has.
  • Options
    wiplashwiplash Member Posts: 7,146 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll take my chances.
    There is no such thing as Liberal Men, only Liberal Women with Penises.'
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******
    edited November -1
    I was getting the shots for several years but about 5 years ago I got one from the VA that gave me the itching hives![xx(]

They put the Influenza vaccine on my allergy list and that was that.
  • Options
    wpageabcwpageabc Member Posts: 8,760 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Its always time to get the shots. Till they run out of vaccine.
    "What is truth?'
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used to get the flu every year, like clockwork
    Now I get the flu shot every year , like clockwork
    Ros
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Brookwood
    I was getting the shots for several years but about 5 years ago I got one from the VA that gave me the itching hives![xx(]

They put the Influenza vaccine on my allergy list and that was that.

You have an Egg Allergy.
  • Options
    BrookwoodBrookwood Member, Moderator Posts: 13,351 ******
    edited November -1
    Nope! I eat lots of eggs from my free range birds with absolutely no ill effects.