In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

DAMN!!

Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
edited March 2018 in General Discussion
Okay, so last week I was sick. It was strange that I was much better the next day.

Last night I started coughing and feeling crummy around dinner time. Middle of the night last night I woke up and felt like I had a python in a strangle hold around my neck...and SORE throat! Took a Tylenol and managed to sleep.

This morning, said python has now moved to my throat AND chest...and my voice is almost completely gone. There's a pallet of bricks on my chest and I feel like absolute crap.

Now I'm wondering if I ever really got over the first thing I had last week.

This totally SUCKS! I've got to chair an important meeting today too. If I go in I just risk getting other people sick. I should probably stay home and rest...but we all know how that goes.

Crap!!

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Some little twit just totaled my car and I am pissed!! Ridding along minding my own business and she comes flying out of a car wash and took the front end off my poor little Cavalier. Yesterday I put 5 quarts of fresh Mobile One and a Mobile One oil filter plus a new set of A.C. Iridium plugs.The Michelins are almost new plus new headlights and wheel covers. She just turned 234,000 and I was thinking yesterday I might just get 300,000 out of her. I'm sure her insurance company, Gico is gonna want to give me a few hundred bucks.The car was worth much more to me.[:(!][V]
  • Options
    dcon12dcon12 Member Posts: 31,941 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Ricci Wright
    Gico is gonna want to give me a few hundred bucks.The car was worth much more to me.[:(!][V]

Damn is right! You must have a couple of cases of Ramen in the back! Don
  • Options
    84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    Sorry to hear that Brother.

It's deer that have screwed my car, driving in to work at 4:30- 5:15 AM.
  • Options
    Locust ForkLocust Fork Member Posts: 31,674 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    People do not understand what it takes to have anything any more. The world is full of twits that are up to their eyeballs in debt that never will "own" anything, so they don't understand the heartbreak anyone feels when something they have worked to have and taken care of for a long time is destroyed. I wish there were a way to find the TRUE value of your car so you could be compensated correctly.....but its a fantasy these days.
    LOCUST FORK CURRENT AUCTIONS: https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Sort=13&IncludeSellers=618902&PageSize=48 Listings added every Thursday! We do consignments, contact us at mckaygunsales@gmail.com
  • Options
    danielgagedanielgage Member Posts: 10,474 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    sorry about the car

glad no one was hurt badly
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    glad you Ok

you may be surprised at what the pay you

long story short my youngest son had a civic he treated like hell I honestly think 100.00 would have been too much to ask for it , but a girl ran off the road ant totaled it out
    while he was sitting in a drive way . they gave him 6k for it . I do think they were hoping to make such a good offer to prevent any personal injury or court time .
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you man. quote:Originally posted by Barzillia
    Some little twit just totaled my car and I am pissed!! Ridding along minding my own business and she comes flying out of a car wash and took the front end off my poor little Cavalier. Yesterday I put 5 quarts of fresh Mobile One and a Mobile One oil filter plus a new set of A.C. Iridium plugs.The Michelins are almost new plus new headlights and wheel covers. She just turned 234,000 and I was thinking yesterday I might just get 300,000 out of her. I'm sure her insurance company, Gico is gonna want to give me a few hundred bucks.The car was worth much more to me.[:(!][V]

I had a Toyota Corolla totaled by a young man in too much of a hurry to get a Whataburger.

Document comparables on that guy's list, maybe fleabay.

Get out the receipt for the tires.

You might note some exaggerated concern and gratefulness on the part of whomever you speak with.

"I'm so glad that you were not hurt", etc

Never agree with the sentiment or well wishes.

Tell them you are sore and will see how things go.

My car was relatively low mileage, but I had just purchased it as a gift for one of my kids.

They settled for $300 more than I paid.
  • Options
    SCOUT5SCOUT5 Member Posts: 16,182 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well crap happens. You're okay I guess? So, what you gonna replace it with?
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by SCOUT5
    Well crap happens. You're okay I guess? So, what you gonna replace it with?

I got an 89 Omni I can sell him [;)]
  • Options
    grumpygygrumpygy Member Posts: 53,466
    edited November -1
    Trust me you are not OK wait till the Morning when You try to get out of bed.
  • Options
    kannoneerkannoneer Member Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad you are able to post about it. Good luck to you!
    My son's old Mazda pickup was totaled just sitting on the street while he was in church. We had just put $300 worth of new tires on it plus a few other things so we were bound and determined to fight the insurance company for $1000 dollars. Before I could even get angry they offered us $3000 plus $500 for inconvenience (he had to take a taxi to work and back for two weeks). We took the offer.
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a Vega station wagon I can sell you, CHEAP!!!! It will carry lots of guns! Glad you're alright Ricci. Time for new wheels brother.
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe you can upgrade to a Cobalt now! Glad you're okay! make sure you tell insurance you want new oil/filter and plugs included in your claim!!
  • Options
    carbine100carbine100 Member Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ever wonder why insurance prices have skyrocketed? See below, it's called insurance fraud.

[/quote]

Did you say your neck and/or back hurt now?

Been to a chiropractor or got an appointment to go already?

Ins. salesperson told me years ago, whenever you are in an accident, demand an ambulance trip to the hospital to get checked out. Automatic $1,000 for 'pain and suffering and mental anguish' even if nothing wrong.

[;)]
    [/quote]
  • Options
    mag00mag00 Member Posts: 4,719 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by carbine100
    Ever wonder why insurance prices have skyrocketed? See below, it's called insurance fraud.

quote:Did you say your neck and/or back hurt now?

Been to a chiropractor or got an appointment to go already?

Ins. salesperson told me years ago, whenever you are in an accident, demand an ambulance trip to the hospital to get checked out. Automatic $1,000 for 'pain and suffering and mental anguish' even if nothing wrong.

[;)]

You know it. I pay for coverage so that I or you can be made whole should an unfortunate incident happen, and the insurance won't pay. That IS fraud

Don't cry for me Argentina.
  • Options
    47studebaker47studebaker Member Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Is it fixable for a reasonable amount ?
  • Options
    yoshmysteryoshmyster Member Posts: 21,033 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Get all your receipts for the purchases to add to the total loss. Or keep the ride and get a new to you front clip with the insurance pay out. If it's just body damage bang it out with a mallet put the price the insurance paid out with a Sharpie and back on the road you go [:D].
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ambulance chasers are getting rich, I would love to see the laws change

That said nothing wrong with being made whole and making sure you are indeed OK.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't mess around...get a layer that specializes in auto accidents.
  • Options
    remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to hear you're okay

My personal beliefs is there is no such thing as an accident. I believe they're wrecks because people wasn't paying attention to what was going on, either in front of them when they hit somebody, and somebody not paying attention to what is going on around them when they get hit.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How are you feeling today.
  • Options
    jltrentjltrent Member Posts: 9,206 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anytime you have a wreck in a Cavalier and live to tell about it consider yourself lucky. Buy it back from the insurance company for a few bucks and repair. There are plenty of those in the junk yards to repair yours.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for asking. My neck is very sore as is my lower back and my right arm. I didn?t go to work today just took a few Aleve and stayed in bed. I?m too old to be wrecking vehicles. [:)]quote:Originally posted by grumpygy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for asking. My neck is very sore as is my lower back and my right arm. I didn?t go to work today just took a few Aleve and stayed in bed. I?m too old to be wrecking vehicles. [:)]quote:Originally posted by grumpygy

Then see a Doc Did that in my 1st wreck But being a big bad Marine Staff Sergeant at the time I just fought thru the pain with lost of beer.

Still fighting with the pain cause It hit worse later my Neck is a mess. That one I was rear ended Totaled their car.

But since I had medical I signed the waver from their insurance. Never should have done that.

I was about 30 then if that happened now they would have had to take me to the hospital.

All these folks saying Insurance fraud have not been in real pain like that.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    First - glad you seem OK, Ricci. I rebuilt wrecks as a side-line for 25 years. Send me a couple of pictures if you like. I've rebuilt more Cavaliers (years ago) than I have fingers! I can probably tell you if it's worth the effort to rebuild it. Then my advice is don't settle. Let the claim sit on their desk for weeks/months. Insurance companies don't like that. If you are looking at just a few hundred dollar offer just sit on it - I'm sure you will be able to eat every day without that cash!
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you Sir !!