In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

First gun accident today

craigroopcraigroop Member Posts: 317 ✭✭✭
edited September 2015 in General Discussion
While sitting on the bed this morning getting ready for morning meds I reached and picked up my 9mm and set it next to me. While bending over to get the meds the 9 slipped off the bed and landed right on the end of my second toe!! What a painful mess! Yuck![V]

Comments

• Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,555 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good thing it was not a 45 it would have killed you , being a 9mm not so much

wake up call [:D][:D] hurts thinking about it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    HA! No coffee to wake me up this morn![:D]
  • Options
    andrewsw16andrewsw16 Member Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it actually broke your toe and you have to go to the ER, tell them it was an Obamaphone that fell on your foot. If you mention the word "gun" you'll probably be there for hours being interviewed by three cops. [;)][:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
  • Options
    WulfmannWulfmann Member Posts: 4,894 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank goodness it was only a 9. A 45 weighs 5 times as much [:D]
    3YUCmbB.jpg
    "Fools learn from their own mistakes. I learn from the mistakes of others"
    Otto von Bismarck
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Yup! It was only a Star BM,full mag,tho. The doggone end of the barrel landed squarely right on the toenail. I swear I think I can see a muzzle imprint![:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    And there is no way for pressure to build under the nail,it came right off
  • Options
    Ray BRay B Member Posts: 11,822
    edited November -1
    So did you need the handgun to convince the nurse to give your meds to you? or is it part of the quality control?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    No,I'm ok,just tylenol.
    However,if you find oneself in need of a hospital here in Tulsa,St.Johns has some of the prettiest nurses you will find anywhere! And they will take very good care of you![:D][:D]
  • Options
    OakieOakie Member Posts: 40,519 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Never mind[:I]
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by craigroop
    No,I'm ok,just tylenol.
    However,if you find oneself in need of a hospital here in Tulsa,St.Johns has some of the prettiest nurses you will find anywhere! And they will take very good care of you![:D][:D]

Hot Damn! Where's my ride?
  • Options
    Smitty500magSmitty500mag Member Posts: 13,603 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    A friend I used to work with at TVA in Knoxville back in the 70s had a accident with his old model Ruger Black Hawk .44 Mag. while changing the sheets on his bed. When he pulled the sheet out it hung on his gun * it out from under the mattress where he kept it and the gun hit the floor on the hammer while he was bent over it and went off. Old model single action Black Hawks you didn't keep a round under the hammer or you'd end up like him if you dropped it on the hammer. The bullet went through his chest and out his back though his shoulder blade. He showed me the scars and luckily they weren't bigger than they were. Why that hollow point didn't open up was a blessing otherwise he would have died for sure. It just barely missed his heart.

He said he could hear the neighbors talking and saying things like "well it looks like he's a goner, no need in hurrying" They didn't have a phone where he lived in the backwoods of Kentucky so they were going to have to get someone to go find a phone. He said I heard them say "we can't find his car keys to go call anybody what are we going to do now?". He said I could hear everything but I couldn't move or say anything and what seemed like hours the ambulance finally got there. He said he was still conscious when he got to the hospital but when the doctor started shoving a tube in his chest that was the last thing he remembered. He passed out from the pain and didn't wake up until 3 days later. [:0]

If you have an old model single action revolver of any make don't carry it with a round under the hammer.
  • Options
    roswellnativeroswellnative Member Posts: 10,124 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Wulfmann
    Thank goodness it was only a 9. A 45 weighs 5 times as much [:D]

+1

Poly is easier on those toes
    Although always described as a cowboy, Roswellnative generally acts as a righter of wrongs or bodyguard of some sort, where he excels thanks to his resourcefulness and incredible gun prowesses.
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good thing it wasn't a double barrel .45
  • Options
    montanajoemontanajoe Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 57,999 ******
    edited November -1
    glocks are plastic,they don't hurt,,[;)][;)]
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    See? and people say Glocks aren't safe! A Glock wouldn't have even dented your toe.
  • Options
    ZinderblocZinderbloc Member Posts: 925 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Star once made a lightweight version of the BM. It was called the BKM and was a decent gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Zinderbloc
    Star once made a lightweight version of the BM. It was called the BKM and was a decent gun.

I have one,and a BKS,several BM's and Supers. Guess you could say I'm a fan[:D][:D]
  • Options
    bpostbpost Member Posts: 32,664 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glocks, being tupperware, are safer when impacting toes.
  • Options
    Ricci WrightRicci Wright Member Posts: 8,260 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have a loaded gun close enough to my bed to where I can pick it up and just start shooting. I have it close but it is in a hard case that would have to be opened and the slide racked before I could fire a shot. I don't want a gun in my hand when I still groggy from sleep. Just me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Guilty of never shooting a Glock. Must be pretty sweet.Still glad it WASN'T my Colt!![:D][:D] Something about steel guns.............
  • Options
    SperrySperry Member Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1911a1-fan

Well, my pump-action double barrel .45 is a tad lighter than my semi-auto double.

But either of them will hurt a coot-ful!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

Well, my pump-action double barrel .45 is a tad lighter than my semi-auto double.

Pump action,double barrel .45 wow! Is the rifling such that the bullets turn away,or towards each other as they spin down the bore? Or do they both go the same?
  • Options
    1911a1-fan1911a1-fan Member Posts: 51,193 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by craigroop
    quote:Originally posted by Sperry

Pump action,double barrel .45 wow! Is the rifling such that the bullets turn away,or towards each other as they spin down the bore? Or do they both go the same?

depends if your north or south of the equator [:D]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]