In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

I am home - and shot / exhausted

mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
edited November 2018 in General Discussion
Been at the hospital all day.

Some kind of elaborate stress test - had to drink some nasty prep shake and they plugged into my power port to take blood work and to push iodine contrast for a CT scan.

Then they locked my head and neck in an elaborate vice and performed a head CT (I hate them - long and noisy and claustrophobic just not fun)

While I was in the comfy chair with me head immobilized that anesthetized me (propofol and lorazapam) so they could do a minimalist biopsy of the brain tumor.

I am foggy and in pain and my head hurts.

Checking in before checking out for the night.

Mike

Comments

• remingtonoaksremingtonoaks Member Posts: 26,251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Have a good rest, hope you feel better
  • mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You have been through an awful lot I pray you are healed from that terrible disease.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • dav1965dav1965 Member Posts: 26,543 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    When i had head and neck cancer they bolted my head down on a mask they molded to my head. They left a small hole for my mouth and nose.

They also tied my hands and feet down. My sister would not have been able to do that. She is extremely claustrophobic.

They did this 5 days a week for 7 weeks.

The only thing that really scared me was throwing up while getting radiation with the mask on and choking before they could unbolt me.

I was going through chemo at the same time.[:(]
  • BikerBobBikerBob Member Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    That sounds rough Mike.

Hang in there!
  • 84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by mogley98
    You have been through an awful lot I pray you are healed from that terrible disease.

+1

Hang in there the best you can Brother.