In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Don't You Hate it When -

84Bravo184Bravo1 Member Posts: 11,109
edited September 2016 in General Discussion
The Seller of Your New Firearm, includes a very nice Hardshell Case, for said Firearm, that was never discussed??

Just received the Savage 24V-A .30-.30, over 20 guage. Very nice Hardshell Case included. Way to go Guys!!

Oh yeah,..............the Firearm is pretty nice also. :-)

Comments

• Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,744 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    reload999reload999 Member Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, it was nice, but if you're like me, eventually you just have too many hard cases. I had to put several up in the attic.
  • Options
    mogley98mogley98 Member Posts: 18,297 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 but they are available quote:Originally posted by reload999
    Yes, it was nice, but if you're like me, eventually you just have too many hard cases. I had to put several up in the attic.
    Why don't we go to school and work on the weekends and take the week off!
  • Options
    Mr. PerfectMr. Perfect Member, Moderator Posts: 66,260 ******
    edited November -1
    Props to the seller... whoever that is.
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    And fiery auto crashes
    Some will die in hot pursuit
    While sifting through my ashes
    Some will fall in love with life
    And drink it from a fountain
    That is pouring like an avalanche
    Coming down the mountain
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Mr. Perfect
    Props to the seller... whoever that is.

That is exactly what I thought as well Randy. Made me feel a whole lot better, about my $40 ship charge. It was on the way, (with Emailed tracking) 10 AM the following day from payment. (I was impressed.) Shipped Mon. AM, arrived Wed. AM. I picked it up on way home from work around 3:30 ish. Don't get no Mo better, than that.

Scoping and Bore-sighting it tomorrow, early aft. Then Test firing it, tomorrow eve.
  • Options
    Ditch-RunnerDitch-Runner Member Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    good for you and the seller [:D][;)]

I think some use the cases ( and good for them who do ) to help protect the firearm , not sure what the dealer cost is, I would say some just add in the cost of the gun .
    or have accumulated a lot in trades and used gun purchases regardless of why its a good way to keep the customer coming back
    and like you I enjoy a surprise on occasion when one arrives that way [^][^]
  • Options
    randomnutrandomnut Member Posts: 942 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't sell much, but always ship in a hard case.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,951 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    For me it is another $7 plastic case to find a new home for. If it is not the original box, I don't really need it. I suppose it is better protection for the fire arm. Don't leave the gun stored in that with the metal in contact with the foam, over time it will discolor the blueing.

Congrats again on the new gun.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by He Dog
    For me it is another $7 plastic case to find a new home for. If it is not the original box, I don't really need it. I suppose it is better protection for the fire arm. Don't leave the gun stored in that with the metal in contact with the foam, over time it will discolor the blueing.

Congrats again on the new gun.

Thanks. I know about the - do not leave in contact with foam, for an extended length of time. Heard/read nightmare stories.
    Sometimes the oil (and/or) residual cleaning agent reacts negatively , with the foam.

Got her scoped and boresighted, on way home. Raining now, or I'd be putting a couple rounds downrange.

Thanks all. -Ken-
  • Options
    austin20austin20 Member Posts: 34,929 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Enjoy that new toy. I loaned mine out to a friend this morning for deer season.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by select-fire
    Enjoy that new toy. I loaned mine out to a friend this morning for deer season.

Thank you Select. (And) I greatly appreciate the link, that led to the purchase. :-)

-Ken-