In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

GB item 15515382 - CZ 7.62x39 Carbine

ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any experience with this firearm or, more generally, this cartridge in a bolt action rifle? All comments welcome as this seems like a neat platform for the 7.62x39.

Comments

• Options
    Texas HunterTexas Hunter Member Posts: 484 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have no experience with the rifle or cartridge but i can say for sure that my little Rem. Mohawk and Rem model seven are the same size as that CZ and they are great for fast snap shooting because of their carbine size.
    It sure looks pretty neat.

mike
  • Options
    richbugrichbug Member Posts: 3,650
    edited November -1
    I just picked up a full length 527 rifle in 223 this week. The single set trigger is incredible. Its a little creepy at about 3 pounds, until you use the set, then it breaks cleanly at 9 ounces.... And that is how it was adjusted at the factory. Wood is generally very nice, fit and finish excellent, sights are very useable. My test target has 3 holes withing 7/8" at 100 meters. 55 grain S&B ball ammo. Just writing about it makes me want to get it out and fondle it.

In a short carbine, it think it would be a dandy deer rifle for close range. A least on smaller deer. I killed a couple with my SKS in 7.62x39, and it was OK, not spectacular plant them on the ground now kinda hits, but they didn't go far.

My border collie is smarter than your honor student.
  • Options
    D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
    edited November -1
  • Options
    MballisticMballistic Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the CZ 527 in 7.62X39. It is a great shooting rifle. If you use the surplus ammo that is available the resulting groups are soso. Using handloads, I get groups averaging between 3/4" & 1 at 100 yards. Mind you, this is with a Leupold 2-7X28 compact scope.
    Fun rifle, no doubt about it.
    Jeff
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a model 527 carbine in 7.62X39 with open sights. I like it alot. It is a handy little light weight rifle.

Its accurate with the rifle sights and very well built and reliable. I may put a scope on it to see what groups I can get from it using optics.

I have used steel cased Wolf ammo but I also bought a case of brass cased Cheetah I plan to try . One of the reasons I bought it was the availability of cheap ammo. You can shoot it all day for not much cost.

"Never let school interfere with your education"
  • Options
    ndbillyndbilly Member Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lefty - Yeah, that was the appeal to me as well, the cheap ammo coupled with a short,lightweight rifle. I don't think I'd scope it.

Thanks to all for your responses.