In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt Python 2 1/2" Ultimate Stainless Value - Date

RCK2000RCK2000 Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me the value of a Colt Python 2 1/2" Ultimate (Bright) Stainless Steel 99.9% in original box with papers, serial number T41424. Seems to be rare in this configuration as I have never seen one for sale on GunBroker.com. What would be the date of manufacture? Thanks, and Regards, Bob Krueger

Comments

• tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Bob! And welcome to the GB forum! Your Python was made in 1986 or late 1985. My (couple year old) Blue Book says $950 for an "ultimate" bright stainless model and $775 for one in 98% condition. 2 1/2" Pythons were probably the rarest of all the barrel lengths. But I don't have any production numbers and there's no premium listed for any barrel length. Hope this helps.
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Bob! And welcome to the GB forum! Your Python was made in 1986 or late 1985. My (couple year old) Blue Book says $950 for an "ultimate" bright stainless model and $775 for one in 98% condition. 2 1/2" Pythons were probably the rarest of all the barrel lengths. But I don't have any production numbers and there's no premium listed for any barrel length. Hope this helps.