In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Colt pistol value

deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
My brother has a Colt anaconda 6 inch Barrel 44 mag pistol in 98%+ condition with box and papers, he is trading it to a Coworker and needs a Value,Any help would be great guys.Thanks in advance.

use_deer.jpg

Comments

• deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hi
    a friend has a chance to buy a colt and wondering approx the value.the only info he gave me as follows.rusty about 30%cond.colt pat#sept 7 1884,ser#3198,38lc colt,6in barrel,hard rubber grips with medallion.i know thats a vague descripion he only wanted aballpark value. thanks gun702
    [img][/img]DSC02210.jpg

DSC02207.jpg
  • deerhntrdeerhntr Member Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Picked up a blued, 4" six shoot Colt rev. with factory checkered grips. Don't know model number. It does read Police Positive . Serial #500045 Do you have age or value of such a pistol as this in poor ,...light surfacr rust , but very tight and safe to shoot? Thanks, gentlemen for your wealth of collective knowledge. Steve
  • tomh.tomh. Member Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    About the least I've seen them for is about $650. Probably a realistic upper limit is $800, but I've seen plenty of them here and elsewhere with ASKING prices more than that!
  • XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    Assuming a standard production Anaconda of '90 to '99 manufacture.....Blue Book says $495 for 98%. I'd bump it up 10% for the box & papers.