In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Auto .38 Super

A-37A-37 Member Posts: 473 ✭✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
A local dealer has a NIB (circa 1960, he says) Colt Lightweight Commander in .38 Super. He claims the magazine has never been inserted into the well(no marks on the magazine). His price is $695. I haven't seen this model on any forum and wonder if his price is reasonable.

Comments

• Options
    hunter7737hunter7737 Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your local dealers price is very reasonable. If you do not buy it I would be interested in it.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    nice gun. ask him if he has a 9mm colt too!

former air operations officer SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 2. former navy skeet team, navy rifle/pistol team member. co-owner skeetmaster tubes inc.. owner/operator professional shooting instruction.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Supers are highly collectable, as are early Commanders, and that price on the combination is well under market if the information given is correct.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    38 super is = to a 9mm magnum. Very similar to the 357 sig. I would say you did good. [8D]

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This isn't the best picture, but it shows the .38 super to give you an idea to its relative size.

extendedpistolcartridges.jpg
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    taco413taco413 Member Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like all others said, if it's in that condition it's well worth it. I'd buy it in a sec, but i'm a .38 super freak[:D] got 4 so far and lookin fer more.

Better to be dead and cool than alive and un-cool !!!
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    gap1916, i was refering to a real 9mm 1911a1. i had one a long time ago. not...a 38 super(9mm mag). i shoot a 38 super converted to 38 special wad cutter. its an old 'giles' gun. regards.....
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    mussmuss Member Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Kinda off topic, but related. Any of you every hear of "38 a.c.p." bullets, are they the same as 38 super? I have several bullets marked 38 acp, and was wondering what there history was. I got the bullets out of a colt 1911 38 super gun that ws made in 1929.

muss