In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

hi-point carbine

Druid1Druid1 Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
any one have any info on these cheep 9mm carbines? are they worth a damn? thanks

the first step to failure is trying

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I bought one on gun.broker,new in the box for $115.00. Out of the box,I made one change on the sight,it is now accurate out to 100 yds. A neat little carbine,but ugly,and fun to shoot. I've had problems with the cocking handle coming loose after shooting. Anyone else have this problem? Fix? Thanks.

U.S. Army 1964-1967
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Any feed-back, on this gun? It looks like an inexpensive gun to go plinking with. Reliable???? THX HAWKSHAW
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anybody have a Hi-Point carbine in 9mm and how does it do? Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    i have a carbine that wont cock all the time and when i do get it to i try to shoot only one shot can anyone help me with this problem with takedown and what the problem might be
    thanks
  • Options
    tacticalman69tacticalman69 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one and I shooy it alot, clean it as little as possible. Fun little plinker just wish could get bigger capacity clips. I have never had a jam with it ans it if fairly accurate. sharp little kick though and after about 500 rounds shoulder gets guite sore, odd from a little 9mm as I can shoot about 2000 througn my ar and ak without a noticabe of discomfort. Well worth the money though. I would recomend one to anyone.
  • Options
    gap1916gap1916 Member Posts: 4,977
    edited November -1
    It is a very good plinking rifle. The Ruger PC-9 and the Marlin Camp 9 are also very good plinkers. What did you want to do with a 9mm carbine? They do make a good self defence rifle. For varmits out to 100 yards they are also a good choice.

Greg
    Former
    USMC
    ANGLICO
  • Options
    PdogPdog Member Posts: 291 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have one. Its been a lot of fun to shoot. Thinking of getting the .40 when it comes out but not sure. U should check the stock screws if u get one, mine came loose after a couple hundred rounds and lost one before i noticed it and tighted the rest up. But its alot of fun to shoot.
  • Options
    tacticalman69tacticalman69 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had the same problem with the stock screws. A little loctite took care of that as nomatter what I did they would never remain tight.
  • Options
    BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    I keep one behind the seat.It has never failed to go BANG,even when I don't have time to give it shot of WD40.[:D]

Good little shooter for the money($100 at the "hock-shop").

Thanks for the advise on the screws,I'll have to check'em.

BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.
  • Options
    PX15PX15 Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Point 995 is an excellent little rifle. I put a red dot sight on my and it got even better. With factory mag I have never had a failure to feed, and at reasonable distance (25yards) it is very accurate. One of those "you got MORE than you paid for guns". Great value. [:)]
  • Options
    74cuda74cuda Member Posts: 417 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You would be surprised if you knew just how many of these carbines are riding in the trunks of squad cars.....

"In God We Trust........All Others Go Thru NCIC"
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    But they are UG-UH-LY!!! Wish high point or someone else offered a wooden stock set.... then I might actually get one.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    gunnut505gunnut505 Member Posts: 10,290
    edited November -1
    Tough to make a clamshell stock out of wood.
    Maybe you could just stick some of that woodgrain shelf paper on it.

If you know it all; you must have been listening.<br>WEAR EAR PROTECTION!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the in-put i'll have to finaly break down and pick one up. I trust your comments then any ad.

the first step to failure is trying