In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

benelli R1

mvbrownmvbrown Member Posts: 68 ✭✭
edited January 2004 in Ask the Experts
Looking to buy a Benelli R1 in either 300 Win Mag or the WSM (win Short Mag). Probably a used one.

Any thoughts on the pros and cons between these two cartridges??

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Benelli R1 anybody own one or shot one? Looking for a nice semi-auto rifle in .300 WM...
    Looking for some opinions on this rifle... And how easy is it to switch barrels and calibers in this rifle?

Is there a such thing as a rifle scope for semi-auto rifles? I have a upper end Leupold right now...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in this rifle. Would love to hear both good and bad. Thanks in advance.
    -Shooterusa
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm interested in the Benelli R1. Please provide me with Pros and Cons to the different caliburs and it's accuracy. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have more infomation about the R1.

I hear that Benelli will offer the R1 in 308 this summer which I am thing hard about buying. Anyone hear if it's on schedule?

[^]

Milt
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't remember seeing anything on the .308, but then again I thought the original offerings were .30-06 and .270 and they don't list the .270 but instead the .300 mag. It is also not listed in their new products for 2004 either.

BenelliUSA has a forum on thier website that'd probably have somebody that knows your info your after. They have "factory" moderators on there that chime in with that type of info.

Boards: http://www.benelliusa.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi
    R1 info: http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/r1.tpl
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.