In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SUPER GRADE MOD. 70

THINMANTHINMAN Member Posts: 232 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
WIN. 70 SUPER GRADE WAS MADE IN 3 SERIES. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE DIFFERENT FEATURES OR CHANGES THAT WERE MADE. ANY PREFERENCES ONE MIGHT HAVE OVER THE OTHER.

Comments

• Options
    snickerssnickers Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I assume you are talking about the last series of controlled round feed Super Grades. The most obvious was the first generation had a red butt pad with no black forend tip. The second generation had a red butt pad with a black forend tip. The third generation had a black butt pad with a black forend tip and a redesigned stock by David Miller. As far as I know there was no diference in any thing else. In my opinion the last of the first generation and the majority of the second generation were the nicest as far as fit and finish. Some of the third generation were terrible in the fit and finish. I think I have all of the variations of the classic series of Super Grades even the 7mm STW and the 300 RUM. The first .264 Win Mag I bought I returned to Winchester twice and they sent a new gun the third time. The mill marks on the bolt race way were so rough you could hardley pull the bolt open,the repair was to polish so much metal out the bolt that it flopped sideways when you opened or closed it. The replacement was pretty good. I don't think any of the last ones made in the short mags come close to the earlier ones. They must have known what was coming.