In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

buying a gun

the_punisher_the_punisher_ Member Posts: 562 ✭✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
my nephew is thinking of buying a gun . he already has a particular model picked out and he has the money , but he only has a state i.d not a drivers license. i've offered to purchase the gun for him ,but he wants to do it himself . we live in texas and i need to know if he can purchase the gun with just a state i.d card or if he needs a drivers license . please help me out with this . thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    what exactly do they look up when ypu purchase a gun? my brother volintarily comited to a mental hospital for depresion and was in detox for alcohol. he was in there for about a week is he capable of legaly purchasing a firearm? he wants to get winchester replica shotgun [1897] for his birthday. the menatl hospital stuff in in his medical records is good to go or what?
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Gov't issued ID is usually what's necessary.

Careful about buying guns for others. . .
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    the_punisher_

For a rifle he must be 18 years of age to buy his own. For a pistol he must be 21 years of age.

The ID doesn't have to be a drivers license. It can be any form of Government form of ID. State ID, passport, Soc Sec. card must be accompanied by another form of class II ID. like birth certificate.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks for the info . i don't normally offer to buy guns for others but my nephew was worried that he couldn't buy the rifle ,so i offered to. i'm alway careful when it comes to firearms.