In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1923 Commercial Luger

SnigleySnigley Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
In trying to value some firearms for a friend I have a question about a Luger. I've identified his luger as a 1923 commercial model. The closest I've been able to find for a price comparison is a 1920 commercial. The research I've done indicates that the 1923 is far more rare than the 1920 model. Would this have any major impact on the value of guns in equivalent condition? Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Contact Our Resident Luger Expert...Mr. Ralph Shattuck..! He's the Author of "WORLD OF LUGERS"...Just identify Yourself as a member of the Gunbroker.com family and He'll help you out at No Charge..
    <Ralph@WorldOfLugers.com> or <Ralph@lugers.com>...Best....
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    According to my references over 10,000 1923 commercials were manufactured, in the serial number range 74,000 - 89,000. Because restrictions imposed on the Germans after they lost the First World War, they were prevented from manufacturing any firearms for military purposes. Many of the 23 commercials that are brought to market are in pristine condition because of this, and don't command the high dollar amount the Military Lugers made prior to and during both World Wars do.
  • Options
    SnigleySnigley Member Posts: 134 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can take some detailed photos of all the items in his collection next weekend and can provide better descriptions.
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd take a look at the Simpson Ltd website; they have a lot of Lugers for sale, & you can probably find one close to the one you are asking about.

Neal