In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

remington model 17

junkjerryjunkjerry Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited April 2006 in Ask the Experts
I just bought a mod. 17 Remington pump shotgun at an estate sale. This is the first one I have seen, just asking some feed back on this model.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello, i have a Remington model 17, serial no.57430. It has a solid rib barrel, the bore is bright, looks in great shape. The bluing is worn in the normal areas, may have had some minor rust,(some rough spots) but no pitting. The stock looks as though it could have been refinished and shows signs of wear and a few minor dings. The butte plate is chipped on the bottom. Can anyone tell me what i have here?
    thanks[?]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I was trying to find out the value of my remington pump 20 gauge model 17 shotgun. it is in very good condition and it is nickle plated or stainless steel. thank you
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old 20 ga.remington model 17 shotgun and was wondering if anyone can give me any background and appx. value and if parts are available[?]. I saw on a couple of the auctions that they were commanding a somewhat high price for an old shotgun. any help is appreciated.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone know anything about the model 17 20 ga. pump? Value etc..????
  • Options
    Wehrmacht_45Wehrmacht_45 Member Posts: 3,377
    edited November -1
    Its nickel plated so its not original. This kills most of its collector value. So I am afraid you are looking at a shooter grade worth about 50-75% of an original in the same condition. From the looks of the others on Auction here you are looking 150-200 for a feasible sale price.