In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

who made it

shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Sears & Robuck model 10L7E 20 guage
i need to find a fore arm for this old thing and can not find any cross referances ( HELP )
thanks

Comments

• shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    lets see if we can find out
    i need to get a forearm for this 20 ga SxS
    the modle is 10L7E
    shotgun018.jpg
  • Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Numrich gun parts has a cross reference for your Sears
    shotgun that will tell you who manufactured the shotgun and look for that model of that manufacturers forearm.

Emmett
  • duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would think Stevens.
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Hey shootlow, using numrichs cross reference page, I'm thinking that your shotgun is really stamped 101.7E, just poorly. The sears 101.7 cross references to the Stevens Model 311. Looking up the stevens 311 they show schematics for a 311E, possibly what you have. Looks like they carry most parts for that model and it says they have a forend for a 20ga for around $21. Hope this helps!

Ben
  • MuddBuggMuddBugg Member Posts: 107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 101.7 sxs in .410 and it is a JC Higgins. Hope that helps ya. MuddBugg
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    JC Higgins is simply a brand name used by Sears, as was Ted Williams. Neither Sears, JC Higgins, nor Ted Williams for that matter built firearms. All were built for Sears under those names by other manufacturers. Savage/Stevens, Winchester, High Standard, Mossberg, Marlin, Sako, Fulton, H&R, Springfield, Fox, Larona, Antonio Zolli, and probably others built firearms for Sears. To sort out a Sears or JC Higgins firearm when searching for parts, check the cross reference in the back of the Blue Book or look at http://www.e-gunparts.com/crossref.asp to find the underlying model in the manufacturers name (Some models were made only for sears and not sold seperately by the manufacturer, e.g. the Sears model 20, was made by High Standard, but High Standard never sold the same semiauto under the High Standard name). The same will be true for firearms sold by Western Auto (We old guys remember WA), Belknap and other stores.
  • jbw1776jbw1776 Member Posts: 3,056
    edited November -1
    Hey He Dog, some of us younger fellows remember Western Auto too! I was just in there last week buying a master cylinder.[:D] Couldn't find any Revelation 22's in there though. Ya'll definately grew up in better times.[;)][:)]

*EDIT* Terribly sorry, fingers typed before brain kicked in[B)]. Wesrten auto was bought out buy another parts comany a while back (a couple years ago here). The new parts company is still in the same building the Western Auto was, just changed names. I still call it Western Auto because thats where I've been getting my auto parts for the last 15yrs. Sorry for the mistake![:)]

Ben