In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

paper shotgun shells ???

jarjar Member Posts: 618 ✭✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
Is there any market for once fired paper shells and or the empty boxes? some of these I have never heard of, like hawthorn. some are western super x mid to late sixtys erea. thanks to all who reply.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There is not much market for empty paper hulls, but there may be some collector interest in the older boxes provided they are in good shape.

A few years ago Federal was making paper hulled 12ga new ammo. I bought a few boxes for old time sake. They may still be making it.

I remember the Hawthorn ammo. I think it may have been sold by Sears back when they were still selling guns and ammo.
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lots of people collect the old boxes and loaded ammo. Don't know about the empties though. I collect old paper and early plastic shotgun ammo and boxes. I prefer full boxes of unfired shells. The empty boxes are great though, and lots cheaper, too.
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yup hawthorne was montgomery wards had a bycycle from them with that name,they also made a red head shell it was heavy load.think they were made by federal.tks.hedge ps also collect paper shells not much prices on them unless 2 piece boxes,
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Talk to ICONOCLAST our resident Shotshell and Ammo Expert...He's Moderator of the Wanted portion of the Forums....He'll know.....
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if you decide to chuck em, feel free to chuck em my way. i just keep em to compare data and dimensions on hulls. on left are fired, and on right are not.
    skeetmasterexperimentboard.jpg
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.