In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SOME INFO PLEASE EAGLE ARMS M-15

seth0941seth0941 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
I CAME ACROSS AN "EAGLE ARMS M 15 P" ALL I KNOW IS THAT IT IS A 223. BUT OTHER THN THAT I KNOW NOTHING! ANY INFO WOULD BE NICE! ALSO WHAT WOULD IT BE WORTH?

10002138jm.jpg

10002180tf.jpg

10002197od.jpg

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    These lower receivers were sold by Armalite to build rifles and carbines on. They are of good quality and MilSpec parts fit. Many firearms were built with these lowers.
    I have heard some were sold as complete firearms. I have never seen one.
    They are worth around $700-750 as complete guns depending on the rest of the parts used.
    The Preban receivers will bring a premium if they were a complete firearm prior to the 94 ban and bought by a person in a ban state.
    CP
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,879 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You "came across" it? Do you mean, you were walking down the street, &, there it was, just lying on the sidewalk? Wow! Some people have all the luck!

It appears to have a Colt barrel. If all the other parts are as good, it should be a decent rifle....especially if the guy who assembled it knew what he was doing. But, of course, we have no way of knowing that.

All that we can be sure of is that it is a Mixed Parts Mongrel, &, like all other MPM's, it's worth less than a factory-assembled complete rifle. How much less is determined by the buyer & seller.

Neal
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a couple Eagle Arms AR's. They are accurate, dependable, well built rifles.

A friend of mine used to work for Eagle Arms before they were aquired by Armalite. He now owns Evolution rifles in Idaho. I got my rifles prior to Eagle joining up with Armalite, so they are true Eagle guns.

As Neal said, it looks like your gun was built with a Colt barrel, as the marking "CMP chrome bore" is theirs I believe. There is nothing wrong with a Colt barrel, so dont worry.

I prefer the heavy barrels for better accuracy. If you remove the handguards from your rifle, you will be able to tell if it has a heavy or standard barrel. The standard barrel will be "stepped down" and thinner under the handguard while the heavy will not have a step down.
  • Options
    seth0941seth0941 Member Posts: 20 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WELL OK, I DID NOT "COME ACROSS" IT I SAW IT AT A GUN SHOW FOR $400 SO I BOUGHT IT! DID I GO WRONG? A CLOSER LOOK AT THE BARREL

10002219oy.jpg

10002207dx.jpg
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,531 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Barrel looks fine to me. It is supposed to bulge out near the receiver.

Eagle Arms is a lower cost product of Armalite. Not that that is bad or anything. $400 is steal!
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seth........... $400.00 is a very good price. Your barrel is the standard weight and should serve you for a long time.

If you dont know the history of this rifle you could have a gunsmith check it out to get an idea of how much use the barrel has seen.