In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Old Single Shot, What is it?

deerguy10deerguy10 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited May 2006 in Ask the Experts
A friend has a 12 Ga. single shot that breaks down into 3 pieces.
The only markings on the left side of the reciever are KK in large type and behind the trigger guard the serial numbers. Any info on this would be helpful.

Thanks Tom

Comments

• fishkiller41fishkiller41 Member Posts: 50,608
    edited November -1
    Take some digital photo's of it ,and run them through www.photobucket.com
    I can almost guarantee that if you post a few pic's of it somone in here will be ble to tell you EXACTLY what you have there..
    Without photo's, it's a "shot in the dark"...
    Jeff
  • DaBowMan18DaBowMan18 Member Posts: 2,962
    edited November -1
    i agree with what fishkiller said, and it will be a ton easier
  • BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
    edited November -1
    Hi,deerguy and welcome aboard.

A buddy of mine has an old scatter gun(12ga. break action single shot) with the "KK" on it as well.
    Sold by Simmons Hardware(on the buttplate)and serial # 00001.

Those are the only markings on it.

I had done some research on it a few years back and found that the "KK" stood for "Keen Kutter" and had decided that it was just a hardware gun,made by Crescent or some other "hardware gun" type company.

However,I just gave him a call and he says that the "Keen Kutter" was in some way related to Winchester.

That's all I can tell ya and I may be way off base.

Good luck!
    BW
  • He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,947 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This should clarify the history of the "Keen Kutter" trade name. I must be an antique, I remember seeing Keen Kutter brand items in hardware stores as a kid.[:(]

http://www.roseantiquetools.com/id42.html
  • babybouncebabybounce Member Posts: 113 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    We bought a collection of Watch Fobs Recently and there were 3 of them that said Keen Kutter on them. I was told that this was a brand of cutting tools such as saws hatchets and axes. This may or may not be true but just passing it on. Thanks Babybounce