In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RPB/Cobray experts...question Update

jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I bid on abandoned storage units and do cleanouts. In a recent cleanout I found a fully loaded magazine. In it was .380 cartridges. It is a straight mag and it has a logo on the front/bottom that looks to me like "CMP" with a symbol like this //lll (sorry, that is the closest I can get) overlayed on top of the "CMP". After a few hours research I have come to the conclusion that I have an original very good condition, CMP 32 round mag for an M11/380.
Would you agree based on my description? What is it worth over on the auction side?

Ogree nailed it! Experts forum is great! check this out http://v4.beta.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=114690136

Comments

• Options
    ogreeogree Member Posts: 127 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I originally paid $35 a piece for the couple I have some years ago, These days I have seen them go for about a $100.
  • Options
    jpwolfjpwolf Member Posts: 9,164
    edited November -1
    Thanks ogree, I wish more people would respond though.
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ask here

http://www.uzitalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82

This is the best MAC forum I know of.
    I have MAC 10 45 and an 11 in 9mm but know nothing about the .380.

CP
  • Options
    dolfandolfan Member Posts: 4,159
    edited November -1
    I'm not familiar w/current prices...but I bought this one NIB, circa '81, for under $300...OPEN bolt, of course!!

The "assassination kit" cost another $60., back in the day.
    You can wear it as a vest. It has pockets on all 3 sections (including the drop down panel) made to receive kevlar/ballistic panels. The wearer's torso would then be protected against small arms fire.

Edit: Pic deleted. (Serial # visible)[B)]
    Joespics045.jpg

Pic of the "kit", being modeled by the weapon's new owner,
    my 9 year old son, Jake. Note the trigger discipline he has.

Joespics050-1.jpg

Assassination kit closed w/MAC, dummy suppressor, mag loader and 3 mags inside. Mag on top is for scale.

Joespics049-1.jpg

Hope you enjoy.[:D]
  • Options
    TxsTxs Member Posts: 18,801
    edited November -1
    MAC 10's and 11's are pretty specific use firearms. With their high rate of fire and compact size they make a great 'room broom' for clearing an area at close range.

Beyond this, they're just about the best empty casing generators you'll find. [:D]

...but they're also a real hoot to shoot. The best description I've heard is that they sound like Donald Duck stuttering. [:p]