In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

glock 19 question

ebeshirsebeshirs Member Posts: 382 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I have a glock 19 with a serial number of LEH-0XX. It has std. sights and no special markings. I have the date of manufacture in Sept. of 2007. When I researched this serial number on the internet, they say that it is a law enforcment model. My question is, what is the difference between this and a regular model 19. What makes it a law enforcement model?

Perry, unless I misread your post, that is not the case with this gun. It does have high cap mags that have no special markings. (I do have some marked for law enforcment/gov't use only, but they are not with this gun). This gun was only made a year ago.

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,107 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello If this GLOCK has a Magazine that holds more then 10 Rounds then most likely it was made before the HIGH CAP. pistol BAN was lifted THUS they were only legal to sell to LE. people then when the ban was lifted The pistols were legal to sell to any FFL dealer. yours was NOS.EDIT

EDIT I understand what you are saying but WHAT WAS THE TIME FRAME THAT THE BAN WAS LIFTED ??? is it possible the NOS "NEW OLD STOCK" HAD THE PART THAT CARRIES THE SERIAL # made pre the lifting of the ban and was still in factory stock when the ban was lifted ?? so then it could have been sold to ANY LEGAL PISTOL BUYER! ONCE a part is made it may remain at the factory for Months if not Years. before all the parts of a pistol are put together and then shipped. OTHER then that it could have been part of a police dept order that was canceled. and sold cheap to FFL DEALERS. OR it could have been stolen from a police dept.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It could have simply been sold as part of a state bid to law enforcement agencies, and then traded or the contract expired. I know also that some states require the Glock pistols for LE use in their state have the 8# trigger, instead of the standard 5, and there is a 3.5 available also. Also, in some states like mine the ban did not sunset, so a LE model could include the hi-cap magazines.

I just got a new model 19, and installed a 3.5 connector, and an extended slide release lever. Also bought a bunch of pre-ban magazines.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leaving the hi-cap mags out, your Glock 19 is no different than the same model sold to civilians. They are physically and functionally the same.