In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

mercury recoil reducers

jdn65jdn65 Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited September 2008 in Ask the Experts
I put a mercury recoil reducer in my shotguns magazine. I was wondering does anyone know, should this change your point of impact?

Comments

• Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would suppose that adding a weight to the front of the shotgun might have some effect. I thought they were designed to be put in the hole at the rear of the stock.
  • Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,866 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    no.

btw, reducers are designed to go 3 places, mag tube, stock, and external hanger.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    336marlin336marlin Member Posts: 201 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Of the users I know, haven't heard of this effect. They make the in stock type, the in the magazine type(you have), one of the latest is the one that screws on in place of the magazine cap, and a type that clamps to the barrel or magazine. There could even be more; someone may have thought up a new type by now. I have a couple of the magazine cap type on some automatics and an in stock type in my over under, but haven't heard any one complain about a point of impact change. The extra weight might be causing you to tail off when tracking the target and make it seem like that.